Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Industry in Ardee

Options
  • 07-03-2005 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

I'm from Ardee and it's a bloody disgrace that no large factory exists in the town. Compared with CMX which is more or less the same size Ardee is dead. A factory would bring ppl into the town. Most people in Ardee work in Dublin/Dundalk/Drogheda and have to commute every day.

Anyone else from Ardee feel that we need a factory???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 muzzle

u could have a durex testing factory with sexy big breasted women as co-testers and still no1 would go near ardee.

I'm from Ardee and it's a bloody disgrace that no large factory exists in the town. Compared with CMX which is more or less the same size Ardee is dead. A factory would bring ppl into the town. Most people in Ardee work in Dublin/Dundalk/Drogheda and have to commute every day.

Anyone else from Ardee feel that we need a factory???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

muzzle wrote:
    u could have a durex testing factory with sexy big breasted women as co-testers and still no1 would go near ardee.

I would! :D
    Also, it'd work out shockin' handy for me twice weekly appointment with the good folks at St Brigid's mental hospital.

Seriously though, Ardee is farming hinterland and is pretty well-to-do. It's lucky that it's near the likes of Drog and Dundalk. Heck the place is only an hour from Dublin these days; there are a lot more towns out there with nothing near as much going for them. Count your blessings...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Ten

muzzle wrote:

The whole of Louth could do with more investment generally. The border regions are left behind when it comes to foreign investment.

You could draw a line on the map between Dublin and Galway and a it stands you say that the (much) greater share goes the the Southern ,and then South-east, at that.

In a Country which has based its prosperity? on F.D.I. (foreign direct investment) the general nation North-South imbalance is becoming increasingly obvious.

It should be addressed_ in the meanwhile Yes a condom testing factory would do the job!! :D

Advertisement