Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Updated driving test - anybody done it?

Options
  • 07-03-2005 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭

Does anybody have any experiences to share from doing the updated driving test?

Specifically I'm interested in the technical checks...

From http://www.drivingtest.ie/drivingtest/HTMLContent/NewProcedures.html

You will be asked to explain how a check would be performed on any three of the following-
    (a) tyres,
    (b) lights,
    (c) reflectors,
    (d) indicators,
    (e) engine oil,
    (f) coolant,
    (g) windscreen washer fluid,
    (h) steering,
    (i) brakes,
    (j) horn.

Access to some of the items listed above will require you to open the bonnet and to close it securely.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

did it last week only asked to open bonnet and show where washer bottle, dipstick and brake fluid are located

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

I've done it. Asked where a few things were, including the power steering fluid in a yaris hehe. trick question as its electrical.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

bp_me wrote:
    I've done it. Asked where a few things were, including the power steering fluid in a yaris hehe. trick question as its electrical.

By Electrical, what do you mean?? Know the thread is a little old but thought it was better than creating a new thread. Also does anyone have the correct/acceptable answers for the checks?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I have mine scheduled next week...

Just a question about the post about knowing about power steering in the Yaris... how specific is your knowledge supposed to be? I mean, things like dispstick, water etc are gonna be more or less the same between cars right, but something like that would require you to know the specs of that individual car, no? (well maybe thats not the best example..but they're not ask anything strange are they?) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

AthAnRi wrote:
    By Electrical, what do you mean?? Know the thread is a little old but thought it was better than creating a new thread. Also does anyone have the correct/acceptable answers for the checks?
    By electrical, I mean it is not hydraulically assisted, rather there is (I presume) an electric motor.

You generally only need to be able to point out the various fluid containers in the engine bay (from my experience) and tell how to check the level.

I only mentioned the electric steering in the yaris as it applies to me. It is probably the same in most small, modern city cars. If in doubt get the manual out and check.

@Kaiser

You should be familiar with all aspects of the car you are driving (or doing your test in)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Has Anyone else on here been asked any other questions?? It would be good to get a few more examples.

Advertisement