Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

is it possible??

• 07-03-2005 2:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

I have a new pc win xp,can I install office 2003 word excel etc. from my old pc without the installation discs?If so,how do I DO IT???? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 oomph

You've got office on one pc and you want to put it on the other one without any discs? emm, seems impossible.. I mean, you can move all the word, excel, pwerpoint etc.. documents to the other pc no probs, but the software, your gonna need the discs.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

1 - You aren't allowed to install a second copy of Microsoft office on a second machine except in some cases where you have a non-OEM license and the second PC is a laptop and even then you need to read the license very carefully.

2 - You are not allowed to move the copy of office to another machine if the first machine has an OEM copy or the copy of office was upgraded from an OEM copy. Otherwise you might be able to move it.

3 - You can't move programs from one PC to another - the windows registry acts as an anti-copying mechanism
    If you don't have the install media and you do have a Cert with a valid license they contact microsoft connections for a replacement CD - if it's an OEM CD don't bother calling them.

4 - If you don't have a cert then you don't have a license to use the software at all. If the cert is on the machine then it is non transferrable.

5 - download www.openoffice.org - for free (50MB) is word / excel / powerpoint compatible , and the license isn't restrictive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

Thank you all for the info, unfortunately I have no discs,as all the software was already installed on the pc when I bought it from someone who works with IT.Shame thou as office 2003 pro is expensive but a brilliant programme.Have to start saving.Thanks again. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭jetsonx

[HTML]expensive but a brilliant programme[/HTML]

first time I've EVER heard anyone call a MS product brilliant....you think
    its brilliant because you probably have experienced nothing else!

As Midnight says try Open office....unfortunately I have never seen a "brilliant"
    MS product!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

jetsonx wrote:
    [HTML]expensive but a brilliant programme[/HTML]

first time I've EVER heard anyone call a MS product brilliant....you think
    its brilliant because you probably have experienced nothing else!

As Midnight says try Open office....unfortunately I have never seen a "brilliant"
    MS product!
    not to sound like im standing up for m$ but are you saying open office is better than office 2003.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gosh

valerie wrote:
    Thank you all for the info, unfortunately I have no discs,as all the software was already installed on the pc when I bought it from someone who works with IT.Shame thou as office 2003 pro is expensive but a brilliant programme.Have to start saving.Thanks again. :(

If you don't need Access (i.e. only WORD, EXCEL, OUTLOOK and POWERPOINT) then you can buy the Office 2003 for Students and Teachers from somewhere like PC World for about €180 or from here

http://shop.iol.ie/shop/products.asp?groupid=-1&productid=M07-00001

Read the note on qualification

Advertisement