Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend multiple MP3 retagger??

Options
  • 07-03-2005 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, couldn't think of a better one.
    Anyway, on my hard disks are years and years of albums I've ripped from CD to mp3, and some of them have been tagged via CDDB during the rip, but there are plenty that are "unknown artist\audio track xx.mp3" type thing.
    Does anyone know of a free/open source SW which can connect to CDDB of Freedb or something and work out what these albums/songs are and can rename them automagically???
    Although since I'm sitting here with a dislocated shoulder maybe now is as good a time as any to start doing it manually worst case....
    Cheers
    K

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

There are many out there.

I use Media Tagger myself.

http://www.volny.cz/media-tagger/eng/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

I've used Mp3tag and have no complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

mp3-tag studio

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

I second Cremo's suggestion (http://www.magnusbrading.com/mp3ts/) and also recommend MusicBrainz (www.musicbrainz.org) to automatically rename all your tracks from scratch. Great if you have titles like "Track 1 - Now 58" and so on.

snapscan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Suppose you have tracks called track01.mp3 with no artist name or song name, is it possible for these tagger programs to get the relevant info from the cddb system to name them properly? How do they achieve this ? It seems to me thats what the original poster is asking.

ZEN

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Well Media Tagger does this. Perhaps the others too. You give a keyword, eg, Metallica and it'll give results, then you choose the album the tracklist belongs to, and it then goes about tagging them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

thanks all,i'll try out these suggestions..
    K

• Registered Users Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭SteM

If these aren't what you need try Tag & Rename, I use it all the time and have found it great.

http://www.softdepia.com/tag_rename_download_1291.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I use the godfather for tagging and find it very powerfull.
    I dont know does it do cddb tagging, sounds very handy tho!

Jozi

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

id recommend tag and rename any day of the week.
    2 years and 8000 mp3s later and i stil havent had to look for another tagger.

if it cant find it on the FREEdb it can search amazon [uk/america/germman] which is a deadly extra..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

I always thought that a "here are some mp3 files, go find the title online" feature was a pipedream until I saw MP3TAG do it. I think it works cos the freedb id is done on the basis of the lenght of the various tracks on an album. So if you point it towards a group of songs that are mp3 songs from an album it can work out the freedb id. Its a really cool feature for those rar's that are not tagged.

C

Advertisement