Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Screenclick.com is not crap!!

• 07-03-2005 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hiya I have seen nothing but stick for this price, yet I think it's excellent.
    I signed up for a months suscription using a referral code and got 3 DVD's sent each time for just €17.50 a month for 1st month, then I will close acount and start again. I get 2 deliveries of 3 DVD's most weeks but one week got three so works out about 20 somthing dvd's for €17.50 not bad, I dont think

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭chilipop

Just to clarify,
    I had to use the code "REFRDVD" to get the 1/2 price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

So you mean it's excellent when you're getting a cheaper price due to the abuse of the system...

Would you be saying the same if you paid full price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭chilipop

No prob not, i would say it's better than Amazon rentals though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

is 17.50 for 3 dvds not a ripoff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

elvis2002 wrote:
    is 17.50 for 3 dvds not a ripoff?
    Think he gets 3 DVD's in each delivery. Twice a week. For a month = €17.50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

Will that code work for anyone? Sounds reasonable for that price. After a month though I'd have seen what I wanted from their collection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I think economically it's fair enough deal but where screenclicks lets itself down is in it's range of titles.

I was going to sign up a while back but before I did I ran a cross check against a list of about 100 'haven't seen -> must watch' films (both new and old english and foriegn lingo) and screenclicks only had about 30-40% of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Pigman II wrote:
    I think economically it's fair enough deal but where screenclicks lets itself down is in it's range of titles.

I was going to sign up a while back but before I did I ran a cross check against a list of about 100 'haven't seen -> must watch' films (both new and old english and foriegn lingo) and screenclicks only had about 30-40% of them.
    Pigman; found any good sites that does have them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

The amazon.co.uk rental site had nearly all of what I was looking for but unfortunately it seems to be for UK only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 buzzardbuzz

I was happy enough with their selection , they add a good few additions each day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭samo

I've got 12free rentals from screenclick for getting a Sony TV, can be used over a 10 week period but the price I was quoted was 19.99 p/m which I thought was a bit steep as I got the impression they didnt send out a new DVD until you had returned the original (which is fair enough) so unless the postal service is V quick cant see much return out of that price.

That said received 1st dvd within 2 days of requesting on wishlist, not a huge choice though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Maxwell

I have been using screensclick and am getting and average of 2-3 titles a week for 19.99 per month that works out as follows:

Screenclick: 12 titles €19.99 works out at 1.66 per rental

Now the eqivaliant (sp) if I had rented them from Xtravision::

Xtravision: 12 titles @ 5.25 = €63.00

Do the maths - xtravision are a total rip off and I welcome sites like this. I have been watching xtravision prices and they go up every 3-5 months

- €4.75 then €5 and now €5.25 - all is the space of a year for gods sake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,296 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Screenclick arent bad .
    Blockbuster are the benchmark though
    3 films at any time for £13.99 and a huge selection ,22,000 titles covering nearly every topic.
    I live in the Republic but they send the films to me no probs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Dr.Pain

Yeah screenclick rocks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Basquillech

I registerd LAst thursday and they still sent me no DVD's as in dispatched none

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Screenclick arent bad .
    3 films at any time for £13.99 and a huge selection ,22,000 titles covering nearly every topic.

Do they send the dvds from within Ireland? Was thinking of signing up for the trial

How long is the delivery/turnaround time for you?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

cosgrove80 wrote:
    Do they send the dvds from within Ireland? Was thinking of signing up for the trial

The FAQ section might help ..
    http://screenclick.com/faqs.aspx

Cabaal wrote:
    The FAQ section might help ..
    http://screenclick.com/faqs.aspx

Thanks, but I wasn't being clear. I was wondering about the Blockbuster service.

I got the free trial.
    Turnaround is slow as they come from the UK
    Still I received 10 titles in 1 month and 4 of them were 2 disc titles.
    Better than Xtrarobber

I got the free trial.
    Turnaround is slow as they come from the UK
    Still I received 10 titles in 1 month and 4 of them were 2 disc titles.
    Better than Xtrarobber

Ok thanks. Might give it a try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Nevada

Tried them for two months, but their turnaround within Dublin between posting the last and receiving the next was 1 week. Post on monday morning get the next the following monday, many unwatched movies going back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Haruspex

Nevada wrote:
    Tried them for two months, but their turnaround within Dublin between posting the last and receiving the next was 1 week. Post on monday morning get the next the following monday, many unwatched movies going back.

I've been availing of them on a free trial basis (Sony offer) for a few weeks now. I've found them to be reliable enough. I'm also Dublin-based and haven't found their turnaround time to be longer than two days. A delay of course is in their interest as it hastens the end date of the free trial! Maybe I'm just being paranoid...

@Nevada, a week seems excessive for the Dublin area - e-mail them directly if it's longer then two days, as stated on their website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

Screenclick arent bad .

What the deal with posting them back though? Surely the Freepost won't work from Ireland?

Surely the Freepost won't work from Ireland?
    Well I've had no probs M8
    They have all gone back no probs for me.

Advertisement