Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Louis Saha - Injured Again - Didn't travel to Milan

• 07-03-2005 2:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

What is the story with this guy? When fit, he is one of my favourite players. He is always injured. It is such a pity. Surely all these knee injuries can be career threatening? It is his knee again...What is up with his knee!??!?! :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I don't remember him being injury prone in his Fulham days . He seems to be constantly injured since his move to united. A likely candidate to be move on in the summer IMO which would be a pity as he has not had much of a run to prove himself.. At least it means Fergie will not be able to play 4 strikers if we're chasing the game, I can never understand that tactically TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

bandy fecker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I do not want him to be sold. I just want his problem sorted. Keep him. He is a fantastic player.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

The Muppet wrote:
    I don't remember him being injury prone in his Fulham days . He seems to be constantly injured since his move to united. A likely candidate to be move on in the summer IMO which would be a pity as he has not had much of a run to prove himself.. At least it means Fergie will not be able to play 4 strikers if we're chasing the game, I can never understand that tactically TBH.
    Well iirc he has been injured twice on France duty (one of which being his latest injury, this presumably being a recurrence of) and therefore no wonder it didn't happen while with Fulham!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Are you serious The Muppet?

After the way the transfer went, I'd say Ferguson would want to keep him on the books. Ferguson really rates him, and he hasn't really had any kind of run in the United team.

No. I don't agree with you, I cannot see Saha being sold this summer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

Loco wrote:
    bandy fecker

lol agreed.

he has severely under peformed since joining united imo and I think he may be better off at a slightly smaller club like maybe everton. I can't ever see him gaining a significant place in the club, knee injuries have a tendency to keep cropping up and can plague a player for most of his career, especially at this level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

seansouth wrote:
    Are you serious The Muppet?

After the way the transfer went, I'd say Ferguson would want to keep him on the books. Ferguson really rates him, and he hasn't really had any kind of run in the United team.

No. I don't agree with you, I cannot see Saha being sold this summer.

He's surplus to requirments since Rooney arrived and with Ole back next season[fingers crossed] and David Gill saying they have to sell before they can buy I think Saha is the most likely to be sold. Doesn't matter how good he is if he is never available when he's needed he may as well be sold. Time will tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Screw that ****, if anyoen will be sold it is Smith, he is fully fit and stillc an't break intot he RVN Rooney partnership.
    If Saha was fit, he could get in there, he's just had a bad year injury wise, as hae ROoney and RVN btw, with Ruud out for nearly as much time as Saha.

Saha is better than Rooney, and will show it once he gets a run in!
    Ole will play a Duncan Ferguson type role at Utd even more now due to his age, and will only be a sub.

Players to be sold:
    Caroll(or let go)
    Kleberson
    Smith
    O'Shea(I think he will want to leave, even though I'd like him to stay)
    Phil Neville(could stay if he wants, could go if he wants, is fairly useless for UTD now, with O'shea there)
    Bellion(Definatly gone this summer, no chance of breaking in, especially with the preforamnces of Rossi and Blake in the reserves)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

I think saha will be sold he is just another example of a player who looks great in an average side but when steps up to a big club looks out of his depth.I liked him when he was with fulham but i don't think he is good enough for united.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Carrol wont be sold, they want him to stay. However he wont sign a new contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Can not believe what you people are Saying about Saha. He is a bloody great player. Has amazing pace and a fantastic left and right foot and is brilliant in the air. He has everything. Once his knee injury is sorted he will be fine. What the **** is the point in selling him? Bought him for 12 and sell him for 5 or 6 is it??? Ye that would make sense. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

If you want someone to miss five chances a game, Saha is your man. Van Nistelrooy, Rooney and Smith are all far better, and Smith does far more when he's in the side.

Advertisement