Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New BMW 3 Series

Options
  • 07-03-2005 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭

With the new 3 Series being launched soon, what effect is this likely to have on the price of the current 3 Series? I'm in the market for a 1999 or 2000 3 Series and was wondering should i hold off for a few weeks.

X

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

It'll probably only mean the values will drop a few hundred untill the flow of new ones really starts, however you would bebetter of waiting as you'll have much more to choose from !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

I'm in the market for a 1999 or 2000 3 Series

Do you find working in Peter Marks suits you? :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

magpie wrote:
    Do you find working in Peter Marks suits you? :D

I think you are confusing the BMW 3 series with the Hyundai Coupe.

Run along, child.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

Also, will this have any effect on the open market selling price that the revenue use to calculate VRT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

xabi wrote:
    Also, will this have any effect on the open market selling price that the revenue use to calculate VRT?

I just spoke to a guy in 2006 and he said that he just bought a real cheap 3 series !!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I just spoke to a guy in 2006 and he said that he just bought a real cheap 3 series !!!
    you can talk to the future? I knew mobiles were going futuristic but I didn't think this much! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

kbannon wrote:
    you can talk to the future? I knew mobiles were going futuristic but I didn't think this much! :D

The new Nokia 1076i can do that, didn't you know :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I see BMW have offically announced the prices for the new 3 Series:

320i - €40,400
    320i ES - €41,400
    320i SE - €43,550

320d - €43,900
    320d ES - €44,900
    320d SE - €47,950

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Old 3
    nice.

New 3
    NICE.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

bazz26 wrote:
    I see BMW have offically announced the prices for the new 3 Series:

320i - €40,400

That really amazes me. Most of you probably know that the new 320i is the successor to the old 318i. I expected a marketing ploy (which I also expected they could get away with) where the entry price of the 3-series (the 320i) would be lifted a grand or two compared with the current 318i

Not so, the current 318i retails for over €300 MORE than the new 320i

What do you all think of this?

LOL@spockety BTW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

i think 40 grand is very expensive when u can buy a vw golf gti for early 30's.
    the 3 series was and is has the highest profit margin of any production car.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Apparently a 316i and 318i are going to be launched later in the year here.

Yes I agree the 3 series is way overpriced. As for a Golf GTi, when you add in all the creature comforts such as air con, etc the price rises to nearly €38k. I think a more similar comparison would be with the 1 Series/A3 which are both overpriced also.

When you look at the price of a 120 Sport (which has nothing special under the bonnet) at over €39k it makes more sence to go out and buy a Golf GTi.

Or wait a couple of years and buy a used GTI for half that price. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=221168

This has quite a bit of discussion around the new 3 series. Buy an old shape 5 if you're in a rush, as you will be crying into you bank account by August/Septemeber if you bought an E46 now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭jay567

Im going to be selling my 318i '00 in a few weeks time and have been checking up on prices. Looks like there are going for between 18,500 - 21,000
    Let me know if ur looking and i can tell u the specs of mine ;) Best of luck anyway, nicest car i have driven so far, and smooth dosnt begin to describe them.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

lomb wrote:
    i think 40 grand is very expensive when u can buy a vw golf gti for early 30's

A Golf GTI starts at €35k. As a small family hatch It is not really a competitor for the new 320i, a family saloon (one full class bigger). Also the Golf is faster and more powerful. It would be interesting to see a road test at some time in the near future between the Golf and a similarly powerful 1-series

And then there's all the other factors that drive people to pay a premium for a premium branded car ;)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Was at the launch last night and apart from the waitresses there wasn't much to look at!
    Bring back the E30!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

but the E30 is crap smiley_hehehmn.gif

Anyone in the market for a fast car and who buys either the new Gti / 320i wants their head examined when they can have one of these instead :cool: http://carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carid=208585

Advertisement