Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motivation ???

Options
  • 07-03-2005 5:54pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've been reading a book lately (The Sorcerers Handbook, can't remember the authors name) on Sorcery, Witchcraft and Shamanism and am thinking about giving sorcery a try. As a book it's very good as a 'quick guide to almost everything', without going into a huge amount of detail on anything in particular. Reading it has gotten me very interested in magick and it's something I'd like to learn a lot about. For the moment though it's something I'd like to use as a means of providing proof (the personal kind, not nessecarily unquestionable scientific proof) to myself that various paranormal things are possible.

One thing the book was very clear on is that magick is something which must recieve the utmost of respect and must be taken very seriously. What I'm wondering is, is my motivation for wanting to study magick a 'pure' one should I just leave it until I'm at a stage where I want to stufy magick for magicks sake. Are there any practitioners (or otherwise) around who have an opinion either way ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

hmmm i'd never trust a quick guide the more reading you can do on certain subject matters the bettter and there are a lot more books on this sort of thing
    in the public library then most people reaslise.

many things start people off on thier paths and wanting to know if ? is one of them.

Keep reading keep asking questions, there are lots of internet rescources out there and while i am unware of any there is sure to be mailing lists/disscusions
    groups on this too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Thanks for the advice. It never even occured to me that public libraries would carry books on this sort of thing, I'd have thought the catholics would be up in arms over it if they ever found out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Sush, I wont tell them if you dont.

Advertisement