Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Stakes

Options
  • 07-03-2005 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

Lost a bit of money at the weekend on PPP, pain

Height of it happened when I had A A and the other lad had K Q off suit. Flop comes a rainbow with high card Q. He makes a substantial raise, I re-raise him (not sure if I should have done this), then he puts me all in...which wasnt much anyways...

Turn K
    River K

This was the $5 sit n go's, as someone suggested, playing the $25 sit n go's might be a better option

Your thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Did you raise preflop? What was his initial raise for, i.e. was he fairly pot committed with it or calling your raise?

To be honest I think with KQ in that situation I'd of done the same thing as he did if there was no preflop raise. To be ahead you have to have KK, AA, AQ or a PP to match the board.

With no preflop raise, it's hard to put you on any of those. He raised, you re-raised, but you might have done that with Qx or even with middle pair and an A (not that it's good play, but certainly not unusual online)

It happens, when I'm playing STT's online I always raise with AA or KK, players will limp with anything if you let them...

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭sonneti

You've done nothing wrong, you put your money in when you had the best of it and got outdrawn (which will happen 1 time in every 5 in this situation)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

F Fiesta wrote:
    This was the $5 sit n go's, as someone suggested, playing the $25 sit n go's might be a better option

Your thoughts?

Why so? I'm just curious - I mainly play $5 STT's on VC. It's not difficult to be placed and tbh I'm usually very p!ssed if I'm not in the top 3 but sometimes you do get a bad beat. The amount of 'players' that call a preflop raise and fill a poxy 23456 on the river is mind boggling. What's the thinking behind it being better to be playing $25 as opposed to $5?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Had an interesting discussion with someone on VC yesterday in a $5 STT, who maintained that only fools raised pre-flop.. :confused:

Later, when he raised all-in pre-flop, and I asked him about it, he reckoned that it wasn't a pre-flop raise, it was an 'elimination'. In an ironic twist of fate both he and I were knocked out in the same hand when we and another player raised pre-flop (AQ, AJ, and KQs).

It make me laugh long time.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭F Fiesta

Why so? I'm just curious

I dunno

It's just that I saw a load of silly callers picking up substantial pots while other players sit there and are helpless.

Argh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

Why so? I'm just curious - I mainly play $5 STT's on VC. It's not difficult to be placed and tbh I'm usually very p!ssed if I'm not in the top 3 but sometimes you do get a bad beat. The amount of 'players' that call a preflop raise and fill a poxy 23456 on the river is mind boggling. What's the thinking behind it being better to be playing $25 as opposed to $5?
    I did something like this yesterday, in a STT that I went on to win. Not sure whether it was $10/20, but I think 10. Basically, I limped, along with about 6 others. Blinds of 10-20. When it got to BB he raised it to 80. I was next to act, and I called, figuring at least one other would - I had 56clubs. We all had stacks of roughly 1500. Anyway, as it happened 3 behind me called the raise. Flop came queen high, all clubs. Preflop raiser bet 100, I raised to 300, one caller behind me, along with preflop raiser. Turn was a rag. Raiser checked, I went all in, next guy folds, raiser thinks and thinks and calls. He has pocket kings, no club. Happy days. River irrelevant. I more than dbl up, while he first says "Fnck you" so I retaliate with, TwoSheds quote "Shh I'm countin your chips". I get back "Yeah you keep going like that spérm breath".So I said "Yeah I will, have a lot of them to count." I couldn't resist. But I figured so many were in pre, all the big cards may well have been gone, hence the call with 56suited. Wasn't a massive raise, relative to chip size. But thank you TwoSheds, for the perfect quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

I retaliate with, TwoSheds quote "Shh I'm countin your chips".

Classic! Must remember that one lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Bit better than "Quiet, I'm listening/talking to your wife"
    Not married
    Oops, must be your mother then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

on a side note, i won my first MTT last night. :)

t'was a 1c rebuy with just over 400 participating.
    it was tough going at times, but after a long struggle i managed to secure first place and claim my $2.46 winnings.
    needless to say, it was well spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kevthecelt

im not slagging you or anything but jees, what a horrendous waste of time that is, playing several hours to win just over 2 dollars, why even bother :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

kevthecelt wrote:
    im not slagging you or anything but jees, what a horrendous waste of time that is, playing several hours to win just over 2 dollars, why even bother :confused:

have to agree with you.
    my reason for playing such a crap game is because i couldn't sleep and only had 9c in my account, so it was the only game i could play.
    turned the 2dollers into 28dollers on a .10/.20c cash table this evening.
    and just now, stupidly lost it all to a higher straight.

not to worry though. 12o'clock tonight my credit card finally releases some much needed funds.

Advertisement