Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Gardai All Over the Place!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭PADDYPOKER

Wasn't/isn't there an Irish website that advises where all the checkpoints are
    in Ireland or did they close it down?
    If anybody remembers the name of it.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

They vary all the time so I'm not sure if you would find that info on a website. There was one that gave away positions of speed traps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

At least the cops are out there doing something. I'm glad their out stopping for tax and insurance and speeding.

My tax and insurance is up to date, and there's nothing better than seeing someone stung for something, no matter how trivial it is. Especially [people of the travelling persussion] and women.

Got issues with travellers & women...

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

Supposed to be a discussion about speed limits on Newstalk 106 with George Hook between 5-6pm tonight. Listeners beyond the Pale can listen to it online.
    Panel from NRA and county council, I believe.

-ao-

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭samo

eoin_s wrote:
    Was the speed gun on a tripod? If it was hand held, I don't think they can take pictures, so they would have had to pull you in.

It definitly wasnt on a tripod - she was holding the speed gun - but was a proper traffic jeep (!) was told yesterday that these have all the latest gadgets with bells and whistles on so chances are it was wired up to take photo's! So not sure what to think now - all I know is will be holding my breath every time I get home until I've checked the post for the next 6 weeks :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

I obviously wouldn't do this. but when i got my speeding sorry i meant if . you should let it go to court when you get your date get a medical note and postpone it, the thing is to delay delay delay. big organisations move slowly and have no memories and less coordination. also don't feel smug when you see travellers stopped it will never go to court , they all have the same names and no addresss. never gonna happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

De Hipster wrote:
    Got issues with travellers & women...

Nope, just that they get caught for no tax or insurance more than the rest of us(i have no proof to back this up). Men are more motoring minded than women. Women might be multi-tasking, but the last thing on their minds is renewing the tax.

The travelling community, on the other hand, would usually do everything to avoid paying any tax. Especially bin tax charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Nuttzz wrote:
    3 checkies on the N11 on saturday afternoon and one on the n25 outside wexford on sunday afternoon. before that i'd say i hadnt seen one in months
    Let me see there was a ATM robbery in Wicklow on Saturday and there was a family kidnapped and €2m taken on Sunday/Monday. Tax / insurance / licence checks are a nice cover for pulling people they don't like the look of. I saw them pull an English registered car the other night and when traffic stopped behind them, some taxi driver takes to blowing his horn. :rolleyes:
    I was stopped as well near Lansdowne road at night a couple of days ago for a tax check etc - no problems with that. What really pìssed me off was the cop totally ignoring my pet hate - a cyclist going right past him with no helmet or lights. Why are cyclists allowed to break every bloody rule of the road?
    Because they are unlikely to have a body in the boot?

Advertisement