Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DS wishlist?

Options
  • 07-03-2005 7:36pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I think most people with a DS (or planning on getting one) would like to see the original Goldeneye on the DS, but are there any other games you can think of?

Personally I'd like to see DuckHunt as part of some retro-pack, but I can't think of many other retro games that would use the touch screen to much effect..

Besides old titles, what type of games are you looking for, and what use to you hope to have for the touchscreen (including PDA software, fingers crossed)?

flogen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

rts rts rts

rts

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Tusky wrote:
    rts rts rts

yes a battlezone esque game would truely rock on a whole new level. (control like a fps give commands rts style on second screen)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

duckhunt would be great and super punch out,

but i'd want updated versions of them with better graphics, but with the orignals still playable as a bonus once you complete the main game as an incentive to continue playing

Cremo wrote:
    super punch out,

you know how many replacement DS will have to shipped if that title is released?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

hehe come to think of it, it would be the same with duckhunt

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

yeah, an rts would be sweeet.
    aren't there rumours of command and conquer?

flogen

flogen wrote:
    yeah, an rts would be sweeet.
    aren't there rumours of command and conquer?

flogen

yus - it would be fantastic.

One thing that anoys me about the DS is that the graphics are alllllmost amazing...but not quite.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

donkey kong 64 and super smash bros

1huge1 wrote:
    donkey kong 64 and super smash bros

I back both of these.

RPGs with a touch screen could be great, no more tedious scrolling through menus!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

zelda ofcourse, perferably wind waker ! (since DS engine supports cell shading)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Monkey Island (all of them), Grim Fandango and Sam & Max (maybe Day of the tentical as well)

:)

Oh and Syndicate and Syndicate Wars

Oh and Quake...

edit button god damn it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Like blitzkrieg said, a battlezone game would rock very very much, the touch screen just seems so right for that kind of game.

I'd like to see some kind of pilot wings, and wave race games, both would make portable fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

lets face it, smash bros is inevitable. it's nintendos best selling game on the cube i think. one of the most fun multiplayer games ever too.

i think c+c would be grand on the ds. i mean it could handle red alert no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Damn, can't find it right now, but there is a smash bros game in the works, can't remember if they said it was offical, or just very similar. But the guys have little speech bubbles when they do moves and things.

But the guys have little speech bubbles when they do moves and things.

DEADLY - THATS EXACTLY WHAT SMASH BROS NEEDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Command and Conquer
    Super Smash Bros
    Metroid V - a 2D side scrolling Fusion sequel
    An all-new Zelda game
    2D space shooters, using both screens for a vertical view
    Some good FPSs
    Adventure games (Another Code looks savage!)

• Advertisement

Have a look at Nanostray:

http://media.ds.ign.com/media/697/697509/imgs_1.html

Looks like a decent 3D/2D shooter.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,398 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

With the widescreen view the GBA was a wasted oppurtunity for 2D shooters. I want to see more on the DS. I'd really like to see treasure do a radiant silver gun type game or even just a radiant silvergun port. RS would rock on a portable. An Axelay sequel would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

GTA

..................legs it swiftly :D

ambro25 wrote:
    GTA

..................legs it swiftly :D
    LOL

Reckon we will see a DS GTA at some point bot sure what it will look/play like though...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,398 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Body harvest by DMA design played nicely on the N64 and was a precursor to GTA. DMA also started creating the modified renderware engine to run on the 64 very early in development but moved to PS2. Think they might have even got a rough GTA 3 running on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

Retr0gamer wrote:
    With the widescreen view the GBA was a wasted oppurtunity for 2D shooters. I want to see more on the DS. I'd really like to see treasure do a radiant silver gun type game or even just a radiant silvergun port. RS would rock on a portable. An Axelay sequel would be nice.
    Oh boy, a RSG game on one of the new handhelds would kick ass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

looking at ...http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/en/GB/community/thread.jsp?forum=142&thread=279543&start=1

Think ill probably pick one up at the weekend. My picks from the list..

-Age of Empires (Majesco)
    -Batman Begins (Electronic Arts)
    -Frogger: Helmet Havoc (Konami)
    -GoldenEye: Rogue Agent (Electronic Arts)
    -Jam with the Band (Nintendo)
    -Mario Kart DS (Nintendo)
    -Need for Speed Underground 2 (Electronic Arts)
    -Ridge Racer DS (Namco)
    -Simple DS series: The Billiards (D3 Publisher)
    -Sonic DS (Sega)
    -Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith (UbiSoft)
    -Super Mario 64 DS (Nintendo)
    -Super Mario Bros DS (Nintendo)
    -World Soccer Winning Eleven series (Konami) [Pro Evo style?]

Only thing is, i dont think any of them will be release titles? Presume mario DS will, so that'll do for a week or 2..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Jammer wrote:
    looking at ...http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/en/GB/community/thread.jsp?forum=142&thread=279543&start=1

Think ill probably pick one up at the weekend. My picks from the list..

-Age of Empires (Majesco)
    -Batman Begins (Electronic Arts)
    -Frogger: Helmet Havoc (Konami)
    -GoldenEye: Rogue Agent (Electronic Arts)
    -Jam with the Band (Nintendo)
    -Mario Kart DS (Nintendo)
    -Need for Speed Underground 2 (Electronic Arts)
    -Ridge Racer DS (Namco)
    -Simple DS series: The Billiards (D3 Publisher)
    -Sonic DS (Sega)
    -Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith (UbiSoft)
    -Super Mario 64 DS (Nintendo)
    -Super Mario Bros DS (Nintendo)
    -World Soccer Winning Eleven series (Konami) [Pro Evo style?]

Only thing is, i dont think any of them will be release titles? Presume mario DS will, so that'll do for a week or 2..

Nice one for that link, some interesting looking games there, will certainly get Age Of Empires if it comes out.
    Does the fact that Goldeneye:RA is on the list mean the original Goldeneye is unlikely to happen?

flogen

flogen wrote:
    Nice one for that link, some interesting looking games there, will certainly get Age Of Empires if it comes out.
    Does the fact that Goldeneye:RA is on the list mean the original Goldeneye is unlikely to happen?

flogen
    The orignal Goldeneye was devloped by Rare and published by nintendo. Since then EA bought the licence to all Bond games so Nintendo cannt publish the orignal. There are rumours that Goldeneye: RA will be at least partially the orignal one but nobody knows anything ATM. I reckon there is a stack of online enabled games that will get a relase date as soon as Nintendo announce online play (hopefully tomorrow!).

• Advertisement

I severely doubt that the original Goldeneye will be released on the DS. EA will continue the bastardisation of that classic games good name.

Advertisement