Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next day courier

Options
  • 07-03-2005 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

Hi does anyone know of a reliable alternative to SDS/ An Post for occasional nationwide parcel deliveries

Preferably one that's reliable, not too expensive, and that will provide insurance.

Any suggestions appreciated...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

jrey1981 wrote:
    Hi does anyone know of a reliable alternative to SDS/ An Post for occasional nationwide parcel deliveries

Preferably one that's reliable, not too expensive, and that will provide insurance.

Any suggestions appreciated...

http://www.freightfox.com/entries/lists/c01_07.html

• Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

have you tried securior omega express?

my mate was telling me that his company is charged 6 euros a parcel for next day delivery, and from my dealings with them in the past they have been very reliable

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Cremo wrote:
    have you tried securior omega express?
    A company that now exists in "trucks that haven't been painted yet" form only. :)

(DHL took over Securicor's courier business last year.)

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

dahamsta wrote:
    A company that now exists in "trucks that haven't been painted yet" form only. :)

(DHL took over Securicor's courier business last year.)

adam

i know they were taken over but i still see the vans going around the place so i just thought the poster may think they are separate entitities

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yeah DHL/Securicor are OK. I also found Nightline pretty good and fast.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

Thanks people.

Will look into DHL I think. I don't think I'll get it for € 6 as companies probably gets a volume discount, but as long as it's not stupidly expensive then it'll do. I used to use DHL and UPS when I was in the UK, but I'm out in the country here so wasn't sure who'd be best to use.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I use Fastway and the rates are quite good and so far they have been fine for us. They do lose the odd parcel but I'm sure thats the case with them all. We pay them up to €7 for nationwide next day service. Its €6 for Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭mcguiver

I use Fastway too, 99% perfect next day deliveries...when they do lose one though they are terrible.... but then again so are the rest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

DHL to Ireland is mad expensive, it's cheaper to send a package to europe than to send it to Galway. Why not try fast track? Run by Irish Rail. Thery have a range of services to choose from. I send a 8KG package to Galway last month and it cost me €25, that's station to station though and costs more for door to door.

Yep I might consider Fast Track. Does anyone have a web address for Fastway?
    Will call DHL to find out pricing just in case...

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

www.fastway.ie

And yes, when they lose deliveries its a nightmare, especially if the packages are of high value - their insurance cover per package is around €400. We have lost packages worth ten times that! Its not that frequent though.

Had a look at Fastway, but I don't think they come by here and the insurance won't be enough. Will see who my customer uses or try DHL or UPS...

I can't risk one without adequate insurance or I'll be in the s*%t !

It appears that UPS might be the best for me as DHL weren't very helpful as I wasn't going to send enough packages per month to justify them letting me have an account.

Does anyone use UPS for national deliveries?

Advertisement