Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moto v535 keypad light issue (software?)

Options
  • 07-03-2005 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

Hello all,
    Bought a v535 last week off the net (from a national phone provider) and had a prob with the keypad light - grand,it had a 30 day replacement no hass policy. sent fone back and got new one (yay) but same prob (awww) :)

Anyway what happens is the keypad light likes to switch itself off @ random intervals (if you access a msg menu or somethin it just decides to switch off) what's worse is it's intermittent so it don't happen all the time (which is more annoyin again )

wondering is it a software fault because of the intermittentness (a real word ? methinks not!)

what's the latest software version spose to be?

can send it back again but i like the fone and think if i do ,it'll stop me getting another one

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Have you tried resetting the phone to factory settings?
    If i were you id send that phone back and get a different model/make, recieving a faulty phone once is ok but your replacement having the same problem doesnt say much for the phone in question

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Does it happen in darkness, when you need the keypad light or just in daylight? Those motorolas have a light sensor (part of the camera presumably) that switches off the keypad light when there is high ambient light.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

The light sensor in all motorola clam shells is under the little bit of rubber on the bottom right that stops the screen hitting off the keys when you slam it shut.

try putting a finger over it and pressing the red button. the lights shoulld come on. Now place it under a bright light and press the red button again, the lights should now go off.

bp_me wrote:
    The light sensor in all motorola clam shells is under the little bit of rubber on the bottom right that stops the screen hitting off the keys when you slam it shut.

try putting a finger over it and pressing the red button. the lights shoulld come on. Now place it under a bright light and press the red button again, the lights should now go off.
    I didn't know about that, lol. I spotted that the lights went off on my V300 and V550 but didn't know why, it just didn't bother me.

Oh well, you learn something new every day. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭daggeredge

I posted that and after realized what it was doing! it was the light saver.... was not in the manual that i could see...... ah well
    cheers for fast replies
    DE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

bp_me wrote:

OOps, just realised I meant the left.

Advertisement