Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jove Alphastates olympia saturday march 19th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Im sure it was said to someone. And a third party. :)

Carlsber40, that just means he can afford it....do it.
    :D

xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭GASUN

Music Lovers :D

What an exciting thread started by Buzzer for this exciting gig! These bands have toured the length and width of the country over the past few years and deserve our support as they 'rightly so' pool their resources for 'one night only' in the capital. :cool:

All I can say is that this thread will a boring place after the gig on Saturday if all those who posted passionately and honestly here dont attend the gig and return with their comments on Sunday + ......!

C U THERE.
    GASUN ;)
    www.gasun.net - 'its your gig'
    gasun@eircom.net
    PS: Ive bought a ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Damo Rice

I wouldnt want to shove mediocre music up my arse! I take back the cocaine snorting accusation as I that was a bit harsh. I think 66E and THE Delerentos are deadly bands that have oodles of Potential. The Rest of the bands and
    "artists" on the bill are ****e and will never make it out of Ireland with ther mediocre, unoriginal "music" If I'm drunk enough I might stay and see JOVE and hurl a serious amount of abuse at them!!! I'm sorry Carlsberg I dont think they're good at all cos they sound too much like Muse and Melaton! Thats why I think they are mediocre cos they're just ripping off Ideas, structures and lyrics from another band. The sign of a good band or Artists are if they take all they're influences and make it there own original sound... Its a hard thing to do and you to have talent for that.. Alphastates...should just give up being a band cos they just don't move me in any way what so ever.. This ofcourse is my opinion. Furthermore, Why would I spend so much money to go see bands like these on the bill when I could probably see them on nights like THE NOISEPARTY which is a free gig.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Milkman Dan

this debate is as stupid as they come.

there's a Jove gig on, there's some good support bands, its on in a big venue, go if you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭uma

Damo Rice wrote:
    I wouldnt want to shove mediocre music up my arse! I take back the cocaine snorting accusation as I that was a bit harsh. I think 66E and THE Delerentos are deadly bands that have oodles of Potential. The Rest of the bands and
    "artists" on the bill are ****e and will never make it out of Ireland with ther mediocre, unoriginal "music" If I'm drunk enough I might stay and see JOVE and hurl a serious amount of abuse at them!!! I'm sorry Carlsberg I dont think they're good at all cos they sound too much like Muse and Melaton! Thats why I think they are mediocre cos they're just ripping off Ideas, structures and lyrics from another band. The sign of a good band or Artists are if they take all they're influences and make it there own original sound... Its a hard thing to do and you to have talent for that.. Alphastates...should just give up being a band cos they just don't move me in any way what so ever.. This ofcourse is my opinion. Furthermore, Why would I spend so much money to go see bands like these on the bill when I could probably see them on nights like THE NOISEPARTY which is a free gig.....

Damien rice is original ? :D:D:D

WHAT A LAUGH !

You are indeed a clown.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

jesus....will everyone here please promise to shut up once this gig is over.
    It makes my brain ache.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Carlsber40

ah now smurfpiss..... we're nearly there!!! ;)

ok as promised, stage times so people know what the score is:

Jove 11:30 to 12:30
    Alphastates 10:30 to 11:15
    66e 9:30 to 10:15
    Delorentos 8:30 to 9:15
    Karl Vincent 7:55 to 8:15
    Jenny Lindfors 7:30 to 7:50

Cheers
    K

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

I always start exciting threads Gasun :D

Thanks for posting up the times Carlsberg, very useful indeed . see you there.

Respect Buzzer :D

Lokin forward to the event.

Happy Saint Patricks Day.

GASUN

Smurfpiss wrote:
    jesus....will everyone here please promise to shut up once this gig is over.
    It makes my brain ache.

No.

xm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭marwood

Wonderful gig, well done to all those concerned. ;)

A big crowd too. Delorontes were very good, 66 e good while jove were very entertaining at the death. best band of the night in my humble opinion was Alphastates who rocked and showed a melodic side at the same time. Really impressive stuff from them.

Alison was cute too , far fitter than her days as a phantom dj !

Very good value for 15 euro. Thanks again. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

I don't get why people keep spelling Delorentos as Delorentes.....

ANYway, yeah fun night.

Sound was alright (not great by any means) but the central vocal mic sounded like it has a loose connection or something! Really dippy sound. Especially for 66e and alphastates whose vocals aren't there to be belted out as much as the other bands. And I know Catherine Dowling's voice kinda cracks and breaks naturally but still. Could hardly make out what was being said between songs.

I'm being a moan.

Anyway, curious to see the outcome, financially.

F

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Doolap

I thought the sound was apalling for all the support bands and then really good for Jove which I would say was done on purpose because it was their gig and I thought was really unfair. Delorentos were by far the best of the night, it was a pity that the place only seemed to fill up from Alphastates on.

Anyway, that's my two cents.

Imho: Sound for all the bands except for Jove could've done with being a lot louder overall. However, the sound for The Alphastates was muck. I'm not a huge fan of theirs, but there's a couple of their song which I really like but it just sounded like everything coming out of each speaker was mushed into one wall of sound that we heard through a blanket or something. I moved around for their set too and found the same thing everywhere.
    What was with the lights too? Jove had these fantstic lights going on....and everyone else? Nothing worth noting. :confused:

Fair play on the crowd though, the turnout was a lot better than I expected. How many was there in the end?
    Delorentos....I like them a little bit more every time I see them. The free badges helped. :D

xm

I know what you mean about Alphastates. My friend I was with likes one or two of their songs and was really keen on hearing the set. But most of the time they started a song I'd go "ooh this one is grrreat!" (not in an annoying way, though, seriously). And then I'd spend the whole song disappointed coz it sounded like cack. So I'd have to try to explain to the friend that it really does sound better normally. Doing that once is ok but not 5 times.

Jaysus.

Alison's presence was sporadic too ...

(Oh sorry, am I moaning again?)

you are Moaning i mean an MC only appears in between bands..........

Alphastates were very good while del and 66 showed some potential.

Jove werènt bad but a lot of their songs sounded the same with a similar tempo ( ven allowing for the two songs they played twice )

All in all the night was a success much to the disgust of the begrudgers....... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

When's this gig again?

you are Moaning i mean an MC only appears in between bands..........

Oh really? Oh....I thought the MC's job was to come out on stage and elbow dance like Bez - yknow right up in the singer's face.

:rolleyes:

My point was I got there during Delorentos set and didn't see Alison til after 66e had finished.

roxy wrote:
    Oh really? Oh....I thought the MC's job was to come out on stage and elbow dance like Bez - yknow right up in the singer's face.

:rolleyes:

My point was I got there during Delorentos set and didn't see Alison til after 66e had finished.

You must have gone awol then because she introduced 66e before they came on. :rolleyes:

Maybe you were too busy elbow dancing yourself in the jax. :D

You're quite sure?

• Advertisement

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Doolap

Anyone know why Jove played two songs twice? (I actually didn't notice it on the night but a few people have said it)

maybe they hadn`t anymore songs left and wanted to play an encore ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

scarfacemj wrote:
    When's this gig again?

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif very funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Carlsber40

Correct

Not so much that we had run out of songs, just well rehearsed songs... ;)
    We planned a set and stuck to it, it seemed that an encore was what people wanted so we chose the track we opened with plus Aberdeen which seemed to have gone down really well with the crowd. Correct me if I am wrong there. We'll have more songs next time guys... :D

Thanks again, hope the night lived up to what people hoped from it. At the end of the day we got a super crowd and I think you saw 6 excellent acts.

Anyone any ideas for what they would like to see done in future? Does something like "loud and clear" have a future home as an annual event for unsigned acts and would you go and see something of a similiar event in an outdoor capacity? Just thoughts..... for now!

Cheers
    K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭asp

I'd definitely go to one of these in the future. We shouldn't be so cynical about these risky gigs. Its all about building a profile and a fanbase.

Folks,

I photographed all six acts on Saturday night. So far I have Jove and Alphastates on my site with the remaining acts to follow as we go through the week.

Enter the site ( www.gasun.net ) and click on the Loud and Clear button.

I hope you enjoy the photos so far ... :eek:

Twas great to be part of the evening - Well done and thanks to all concerned. Photos will be sent to the bands later on.

Sincerely,

GASUN
    www.gasun.net
    :)

Ju got some really good pics there mang, ju sure gotta alotta balls
    (thats my scarface impression)

Scarefacemj,

Just uploaded photos from 'ALL' the 'Loud And Clear' Acts and a few more! Twas a busy nite with the camera! :)
    The movie SCARFACE Rocks!! :)

Happy Easter

GASUN
    www.gasun.net
    :)

• Advertisement

Happy Easter too you as well my man, you're really talented(hope i dont sound like im patronising)

Advertisement