Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's geting CM5 then?

• 07-03-2005 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭

Well? Not sure myself, it's shockingly late, which is never a good sign, but play.com have it listed for release on march 18th, so I might give it a lash.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

I would have bought it if it was released last christmas but it was'nt so I bought Football Manager 2005.

I don't need two of them so I won't be buying CM5 & as you said its out way to late

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

dceire wrote:
    I would have bought it if it was released last christmas but it was'nt so I bought Football Manager 2005.
    How lucky you were. Someone buying CM5 ahead of FM is equivelent to someone paying Eircom for broadband. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Have U played CM5? No, well then how do U know what its like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

dceire wrote:

because its not based on the previous CM games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

I will be visiting it via the interweb, but do not expect to stay very long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Not a hope, why any soccer fan would want a PC game other than FM2005 or any of the 'real' champ man's is beyond me.

Eirebhoys little broadband analogy was perfect, I'd say "why have cotton, when you can have silk?"

dceire wrote:
    By reading this: "I would have bought it if it was released last christmas but it was'nt so I bought Football Manager 2005."

you remind me of someone who gets Eircom broadband because they have a lack of knowledge or are ignorant to other products out.

CM1, CM2, CM3, CM01/02, CM03/04, CM4, etc. are all made by Sports Interactive (www.sigames.com). Football Manager is made by Sports interactive too and is a follow up of the above games.
    Eidos (the publisher) and Sports Interactive (the developer) parted and due to contractual term Eidos got to keep the name "Championship Manager".
    Sports Interactive have all the database from the previous CM games so just upgraded them, added whatever new things they wanted and developed "Football Manager 2005".

Eidos had to start from scratch with Championship Manager 5 and it might aswell be called Joe's Manager 2005.

You were going to turn your back on Sports Interactive, the developer of all other CM games, because of the name on the box. Simple as.

Who's "U" BTW?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I like eircom BB, that analogy was stupid

bazH wrote:
    I like eircom BB, that analogy was stupid
    Eircom: 4GB cap, €39.99 a month, first two months free.
    EsatBT: 8GB cap, €33.15 a month, first 4 months free.
    No difference in quality.

There are a load of other cheaper and better products but I'm just comparing it with Esat.

Anyway, back to FM. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

interleaving

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

bazH wrote:
    interleaving
    Try taking it to here

Anyway, on topic.
    FM05 > CM5
    but then PES > FIFA and people still play it.
    Cant convince them all Eirebhoy!

Advertisement