Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom-Limerick-Laggy ?

• 07-03-2005 11:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭

Anyone else finding it laggy the last few day ?

or should I start looking inward ?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

jonski wrote:
    Anyone else finding it laggy the last few day ?

or should I start looking inward ?

You getting nostalgic for Clicksilver yet? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Made the phone call , spoke to a very helpful guy called Robert , and yes they were having some issues with the Roches Street exchange in Limerick . I am the 18th person to actually log a complaint and they had hoped that it would have been sorted by last weekend but obviously not . He has passed on my details to the ppl looking after it and hopes all will be sorted soon . This would only be apparent to ppl who play games online .

Does anyone know what would be causing this ?

It seems that it was something that was changed in the exchange last week to try and fix something else ( a bit vague I know ) .

I causes ping spikes every thirty seconds exactly . Seems more than a bit weird .

After loads of help from eircom ( seriously ) , they felt the problem wasnt on their end anymore , they had fixed whatever was at fault in the roches street exchange , so i went back to my pc . I turned off Zonealarm and the ping spikes went . I uninstalled it and reinstalled but still the same , so I uninstalled and reinstalled an older version that I had on my HD and hey presto , problem solved .

John

Lala here installed XP on a new sata HD and d/led the new version of ZA , also bought an ethernet modem from someone here on boards and for the last week or so had been having ping problems , uninstalled ZA again and problem went away , now searching around for an older version again .

Anyone else have this problem ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement