Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DigiWeb Affiliate Advertising Program

Options
  • 08-03-2005 1:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi

Just wondering if anyone out there is involved with any of Digiwebs affiliate programs? I have a website that runs both their Broadband and Hosting affiliate adverts. They have a system by where you can login and view how your program is doing. By this I mean you can see how many people click the ad and how many of those clicks result in sales.

This is where I have a big question. Personally I have purchased 4 websites through the link on my website yet I have not been credited for them. A percentage of the hosting fee AND the Domain Name registration is supposed to go to the affiliate. I purchased these websites over a year or so and never queried it until recently. I contacted Digiweb and they claimed they didn’t know what happened. Then as if by magic the Hosting Scheme affiliate info page which said I would get a percentage from each sale suddenly didn’t say that any more. I rang them again and I was told that the system didn’t seem to work and that feature has now been removed. ‘But what about my money’ I said. I was told that I would receive the payments from the four websites I purchased, as of yet I have received nothing. But what about the sites that visitors to my website may have purchased??

I want to know has anyone else had this problem?

Jim

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

I have dealt with Digiweb on a number of occassions and have never found them to be up to the mark with very much. This is just another example of their unprofessional business being exposed and let known to the world.

I can't believe that!

I'd keep ringing them by the way... I had a client who paid them for a domain registration and they paid for it as well as hosting. A year and a half later, I was doing their website and found that there never was a domain registration done. It took my client a further 6 months to get refunded for 2 years domains registration and hosting costs that they had paid and never received anything!

I'd get on their case because you won't get paid from them otherwise!

Rgds,

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 JimmyQ

I have a client myself that is also having trouble with them. For the two weeks I have been trying to get information from them regarding a sale of a website. I have sent three emails to the sales department but have never recieved a reply. I cant understand their logic. I am a customer who will pass on more customers....but they just dont give a dam. I have been with them since nearly day one. I get the feeling they are getting to big to fast.

I would love to know if anyone else is envloved in their afffiliate scheme and if they have experienced problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

Sry, I'm not in the affiliate scheme. Ring them up and bypass the accounts/sales dept. Ask for Colm (MD, I think) - when you get through to him, tell him of the unsatisfactory service, response and rippoff... and that you are going to get your Dad who is a sub editor in the Sunday Business Post to get a story about them into this weeks paper, if it is not sorted out today.

You're right... they probably loved your businesses about 5/6 years ago when they were setting up but now they have loads more customers... one less won't make a dent in their operation!

I hate seeing the little guy get pushed around! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 JimmyQ

I had another gripe with them about a year ago and to get resolved I had to go to the top. Colm Piercy is the MD's name.

Ph3nOm....whats '*' mean?? That is what you posted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

JimmyQ wrote:
    Hi

Just wondering if anyone out there is involved with any of Digiwebs affiliate programs? I have a website that runs both their Broadband and Hosting affiliate adverts. They have a system by where you can login and view how your program is doing. By this I mean you can see how many people click the ad and how many of those clicks result in sales.

This is where I have a big question. Personally I have purchased 4 websites through the link on my website yet I have not been credited for them. A percentage of the hosting fee AND the Domain Name registration is supposed to go to the affiliate. I purchased these websites over a year or so and never queried it until recently. I contacted Digiweb and they claimed they didn’t know what happened. Then as if by magic the Hosting Scheme affiliate info page which said I would get a percentage from each sale suddenly didn’t say that any more. I rang them again and I was told that the system didn’t seem to work and that feature has now been removed. ‘But what about my money’ I said. I was told that I would receive the payments from the four websites I purchased, as of yet I have received nothing. But what about the sites that visitors to my website may have purchased??

I want to know has anyone else had this problem?

Jim

A LOT of these small affiliate and advertising programs are a bit dodgy. Try using Google AdSense for ads, and Commission Junction for affiliates, or other large companies.
    Rob.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

I signed up for their affilliate scheme - the satellite broadband one - where they promise to pay 15c a click when you send people to their site. I did get 2 payments from them after many many many emails and phone calls. Tonight I just noticed that all the links and banner ads are no longer working (I haven't checked for a week or 2) - also the login screen for the scheme isnot available. I have emailed them tonight - but do not expect to hear from them again, Very dodgy - I wouldn't recommend putting any effort at all into their affilliate schemes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭raster

the payout is EUR 50.00 AFAIK which is too high for 5c per click
    (which is what I had) needless to say after waiting 6 months to get EUR 9 I gave up (they never replied to my messages either) if they weren't in ireland, and currently advertising other stuff I would apply the word scam.

Advertisement