Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodge money to poker account

Options
  • 08-03-2005 9:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

How do people lodge money to online accounts? Credit card, firepay,???

Thinking of dipping my toes in the real money world. Will probably play on some US based sites - poker stars , party poker, etc.

What's the best way to cash out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Most Irish people cash in using credit card. Cashout vary, sites like VC let you cash out straight back to your credit card, sites like Party Poker don't let you do this and you have to wait for a cheque in the post.
    If you use Netteller afaik you can move money around various sites and then cash out to your bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

If somebody has a good system for cashing out at Pokerstars (apart from cheques) I'd love to hear it.
    Great lodging money when the dollar is weak but a pain cashing USD cheques.
    Never worked out how much it actually costs me playing US sites but I'm sure it's enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Assuming you don't need the cash immediately, what is the problem with cheques? I don't mind waiting a week or so for my Party Poker cheques to arrive, never any problem cashing them (to my account, of course). If you really REALLY want the cheque quickly, just pay €25 for it to be Fed-Ex'ed to you. It's not like they (Party or Stars) are going to screw you, if any company relies entirely on the goodwill and trust of their customers, it is online gambling customers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

Neteller is one of the best ways of moving money around your poker accounts. Make sure you set it up in dollars though as you will get hit by exchange rates if you use euro.

Paddy Power poker lets you deposit money through any of their bookies so is handy for the credit card less.

Cheques from Pokerstars are sent by Fed Ex as standard and are the best way other than neteller to cashout.

If you have a Victor Chandler account then using neteller you can move money from other sites and cash out to your credit card via them.

Other good ways to deposit money is to wait for your mates to accidentally transfer you money - Thanks AllinKing !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

Shortstack wrote:
    If you have a Victor Chandler account then using neteller you can move money from other sites and cash out to your credit card via them.

was thinking of cashing out from pokerstars by doing this but wondered if VC would want to hold the money in the account for a certain time or if they have a max you can cash out on a certain day/week?

i have VC set up to transfer direct to my bank account, dead handy and free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭Trampas

For Empire it takes a couple of weeks to get the cheque to arrive but no problems cashing it.

There are some nice fishes on empire as they play alot high card low kicker hands and will call down flush and str8 draws.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭PADDYPOKER

Are Empire and Party the one and same?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

Empire, Party, Pokernow and Coral are all the same cash game tables. Tournaments differ, Sit ang Go's are mostly the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Anyone ever do a bank wire to neteller. I went into the bank last wednesday to do it and the money still has'nt gone in. is this normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

yep, will take about 72 hours. (3 working days)

even a transfer from pokerstars etc. to it can take that long.

give it til friday to be sure. to be sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

That kinda puts me at ease. cheers karlhoff. why did the leprechaun wear two condoms? to be sure, to be sure. :D:) :rolleyes:

Advertisement