Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No ID displayed from Nokia 6230

Options
  • 08-03-2005 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭

I recently got a new Nokia 6230 and now when I phone some people, my number comes up on the phone but not my name even though they would have my name entered on their handsets. It's probably something as simple as an incorrect setting but I can't figure it out. Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭ranDom_tAsk

I recently got a new Nokia 6230 and now when I phone some people, my number comes up on the phone but not my name even though they would have my name entered on their handsets. It's probably something as simple as an incorrect setting but I can't figure it out. Anyone got any ideas?

Get the other person to save or their numbers to their phone, that might sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

Get the other person to save or their numbers to their phone, that might sort it.

But that's the problem, the people already have my number saved on their phone. I didn't change my number, only the handset. One mate has deleted my details and resaved them but it's the same result. Strange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Your details must be saved twice on his phone or sim. This always happens when you save a number more than once on the phone

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

iv seen the issue before on symbian based fones like the 6230 and its a software mixup,only way i fixed it(on a s60)was to use a softreset or a hardreset(like setting back to factory settings) What fone does ur friend have?

splinter wrote:
    iv seen the issue before on symbian based fones like the 6230 and its a software mixup,only way i fixed it(on a s60)was to use a softreset or a hardreset(like setting back to factory settings) What fone does ur friend have?

The 6230 isn't a symbian phone. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Correct
    Its a Series 40 Platform 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

splinter wrote:
    What fone does ur friend have?

It's another Nokia but I don't know the model.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

The 6230 isn't a symbian phone. :rolleyes:

hmm,series 40 was not an earlier platform of symbian OS? maybe not the same platform but the same basis?

:( bugger me only knowing s60 fones lol

splinter wrote:
    hmm,series 40 was not an earlier platform of symbian OS? maybe not the same platform but the same basis?

:( bugger me only knowing s60 fones lol

Only Series 60 phones are symbian ;):)

And for the 6230 problem I'd say it's just the duplicate number(s) on the sim & phone as wolfman said.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

could it be the nokia 6600,3650 or the 7650 there all s60 phones? type those into google images and tell us if one of those is his phone

• Advertisement
Advertisement