Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounts package

Options
  • 08-03-2005 11:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

I run a small business (5 employees). My accounts package finally died on me, wiping lots of information.
    Anyone out there have suggestions for what package to use...minimum cost and very simple to use (I have very little accounts know how).
    Basically all I need is to be tax compliant...i.e. get quarterly vat totals etc. and be able to maintain credit accounts for around 20 clients/ issue monthly statements etc.
    All advice greatly appreciated...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Yellow belly

Hi there,

I've just started using TAS books and its great for people who aren't really up on doing the books. Very easy to use - I'd recommend that or Sage Line 50...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

I work for a company that install accounts pagakages for other companyies.

We've recently gone to a package called Accounting Office, good god stay away. most user unfriendly software ever.... other than DOS.

Sage Line 50 we used before accoutning office and our clients were always very happy with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭mcguiver

Thanks for the suggestions....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Try Big Red Book. It is apparently really good. Do a google search. It is Irish too.

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Tas books or colsoft for payroll..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

sage instant accounts is cheaper than sage line 50 its about 500 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 S+

outsource it to a bookkeeping service provider.
    no worries / no hassle - just reports

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭mcguiver

Wish I could outsource it all...but it's not an option.
    I've had a quick look at Tas and Sage, and The big Red Book. Tas comes across as the cheapest option...anyone know what they are like to deal with...support/backup etc??

Advertisement