Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new york - shopping

• 08-03-2005 11:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭

hi all

i headin to new york soon....i was just wondering could anyone recommend areas that are good for shopping...where i'd get some good deals!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭abakan

I used to go to Daffys Broadway & 34th St quite a bit. loads of cheap designer gear.some very good bargins.got a $300 jacket for $50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 katnip

Broadway is fairly good, they're all having sales at the mo. West broadway right in the middle of soho is fairly arty. Century 21 opposite the site of the WTC is the best bargain place around. Canal St/chinatown can also be good for bags, etc. You can also get a bus out to the giant shopping outlets outside the city as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Do a search for some threads on this forum for New York. There has been loads posted, so you should find some recommendations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭drrnwbb

we just got back this morning. i really dont want to look at my credit card bill. i got lots of stuff in bhphoto for really cheap. great service too.

as katnip said above, broadway is really good. we started at canal street/broadway and worked our way up, then down again, then up again, then i vowed never to shop again, then we did the shops again. apple store is 1,5blocks from broadway/prince street. we were at it five times.

dw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

go to the big dept stores and get their international vistors cards.....save a fortune....plenty of threads on this already.... :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

Go to Century 21 for discounted designer stuff.....its beside Ground Zero, get off the number 1 or 9 subway at Reuter St its just down from there.

Macy's is brilliant but very very easy to get lost in!!! Its on 35th and 7th, H&M is on 35th and 7th too as is Old Navy (cheapo clothes). Gap is pretty good too....there's loads of them.

I'd recommend a day up in Woodbury Common, go to the 2nd Floor in Point Authority bus station and you can but the gray lines tickets up there, i think it was $27 return which is a bit of a rip off considering its only an hour away but you have a designer outlet heaven- believe me you'll spend the whole day there, its huge!!!

If you get a chance, go see The Knicks play in Madison Sq Garden, just go to www.ticketmaster.com and book the tickets and tick the "will call" box and they'll be waiting for you at the ticket offices on the night of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

thanks for all the suggestions lads.....much appreciated!

Advertisement