Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitz €100 last night (monday)

Options
  • 08-03-2005 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭

Weird sort of tournament last night for me. Was tired and had been up early, and had a few drinks.

90 runners, 9 tables.
    -Very first hand: KJo in BB. 3 callers, no raise. Q T x on the flop, I check-call small flop and turn bets and miss.
    -I don't play a hand for a whole blind level.
    -limp with Q7o in LP. Flop: A Q 3, check, check, I bet, fold, fold.

-Folded to me on the button with TT I min-raise, both blinds fold.

-I'm short stacked, about 2700 with blinds 200-400, a guy who has been raising my BB every feckin time makes it 1800 to go. I push with 77, he calls with AJo and I double through.

-A few rounds later I'm BB again. UTG+1 calls, Button makes it 2500 to go, I have about 7500.
    UTG+1 attempts to call out of turn, is stopped by the dealer but his "action stands". I have 88 in the BB and I'm getting some value so I call, UTG+1 also finishes his call.
    Just as flop is coming down I think, I should have pushed or folded preflop. If the flop is non-scary for 88 I'm all-in.
    Flop: J 4 3 rainbow, I push for ~5k, fold, fold.

-We are down to 2 table of 9 players. I have about 9k. I'm in the SB. UTG who used to be big stack but made some dodgy calls pushes for 11k on blinds of 800-1500. Big stack in the Cut-off calls the 11k, he has about 80k remaining.
    I push all-in with AKo from the SB, thinking I either make some chips now and have a chance of making the money properly or I'm going home.
    BB calls all in for about 5k.
    UTG: TT, Big Stack: AhQh, Me: AKo, BB: AKo. Shít.

TT holds up and I'm off home after playing 6 hands of poker in 4 hours, 1 hand every 40 minute.

At least I had a tight table image.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

lafortezza wrote:
    limp with Q7o in LP.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Why not check raise the 88 all in?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

karlhoff wrote:
    lafortezza wrote:
    limp with Q7o in LP.
    :D
    I think I had some random thought that if DeV can win with Q3, a hand I dominate, then Q7o is a monster.

I probably could have folded my cards preflop, then just pushed my chips in on the flop and won a few pots on occasion, I was playing that tight.
    Why not check raise the 88 all in?
    UTG+1 would have pushed on the flop for about 3k with any hand at all (he was very loose and had low preflop standards when calling raises, he also was talking about getting into a cash game asap), big stack would have called him and I'd be all in, possibly against over cards, possibly against a weak Jack.
    Because I had hesitated in calling the preflop raise from the BB, then instantly pushed on the flop, they gave me credit for a big hand, AJ or a small set, plus my image couldn't have been any tighter which helped.
    I also thought that my instant push could fold a better hand like 99, TT, J9s, KJo or similar.

Anyone who is loose enough to have KJo in that spot isnt folding, but 99 or TT might I suppose.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I think I had some random thought that if DeV can win with Q3, a hand I dominate, then Q7o is a monster.

What did the flop bring??

You were playing very tight I thought, at one stage I was about to point out that the chips did, in fact, separate and you could, you know, *bet* with them!
    Steve Davis came 13th I think and Stephen Hendry got the bubble (jointly with Harold).

aside: I cant believe the number of people who cant do something as simple as "move to table 1/2/3" without causing pandemonium....

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

DeVore wrote:
    aside: I cant believe the number of people who cant do something as simple as "move to table 1/2/3" without causing pandemonium....

DeV.

Bloke comes to our table on Friday night. We were at table 3. He says "seat one". course it was taken. "I'm definetly in seat one" he says. "What table". "Table 9". "This is table 3 but table 9 seat 1 is also taken" we tell him. "Well I was definetly told 1, 9" he says. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

"Steve Davis came 13th I think and Stephen Hendry got the bubble (jointly with Harold)."
    What was Ken Dothergty in as well? :D
    for real?

DeVore wrote:

DeV.

It might help if you told them the specfic table they are on rather than the range of possibilities!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

"Steve Davis came 13th I think and Stephen Hendry got the bubble (jointly with Harold)."
    What was Ken Doherty in as well? :D
    for real?

I knocked Ken Doherty out of a tournament Friday week ago. I had 4 to a flush and a gutshot straight flush on the flop, he had top pair and an up and down straight draw.

I checked, he went all-in, I called. Turn gave me my gutshot straight flush :D

He was very nice about it as he said himself "If you have to go out of a tournament at least it's to a good hand"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

What was Ken Dothergty in as well? :D
    for real?

Irish Open week in snooker, so you generally get a lot of the players in during the week. Jimmy White is usually around as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Jebus way cool! :O worth playing in the 100 game if u get the chance to play with Ken & Jimmy White.

Could Snooker fans/Reg 100 players give a heads up the regs when these guys might be playing so I/we could head down.
    :)
    (plus this was in the Fitz?)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Played next to Steve Davis for a while last night (Tuesday) - he was knocked out fairly quickly in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Hed had a few drinks and decided to try playing loose for a change, he did tighten up in the cash game tough, still his qq walked into kk and aa only for alex to hit a K

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Yea I seen Davis come in while the brake was on and it most have only been 30/45min later he was playing the cash games....

Advertisement