Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning off 'Private Caller'

Options
  • 08-03-2005 12:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭

For some reason on my phone (a motorola V-whatever, the big chunky ones with the camera and clamshell opening) I can't turn on 'caller display'. The only option I can find lets me show my id for the 'next call only'. I'm with Vodafone.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Did you ring Vodafone by any chance? Their customer care service is excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

So is it a setting at their end, or something I can change on the phone?

Why don't you ring them and find out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭declanoneill

magpie wrote:
    So is it a setting at their end, or something I can change on the phone?
    Far as I know, it could be either. So;
    1) Your phone is set to block your number on all outgoing calls, in which case go to (on a moto V550, the clamshell blue one) Menu >> Settings >> In-Call Setup >> My Caller ID >> All calls. Set this to either send or Network Controlled.
    If It's already on Network Controlled it means Vodafone thinks you don't want your number sent and is blocking it, I'm not sure selecting "Show ID" will fix this, if not, give them a bell and they'll sort you out in two shakes of a lambs tail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

The only option that comes up for me is

Menu >> Settings >> In-Call Setup >> My Caller ID >> Next Call Only

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Put ur sim in another phone eg. a nokia and change the settings to show or hide ur id which ever one u want and then put it back in your own phone. That should work (i think)

orla wrote:
    Put ur sim in another phone eg. a nokia and change the settings to show or hide ur id which ever one u want and then put it back in your own phone. That should work (i think)
    I could be way off, but I think that ID sending works for the phone only, not the sim card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Indeed declanonneill ... the Own Number Sending is specific to the phone.

Ring Vodafone already ;)

ciaranfo wrote:

Ring Vodafone already ;)
    What, and ruin our random stabbing in the dark posts-of-boredom fun? Don't be such a spoil sport. Actually wait, I don't care, I'm going home :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

Bard wrote:
    Did you ring Vodafone by any chance? Their customer care service is excellent.
    Ha ha, that meant to be a joke?

• Advertisement

dcarroll wrote:
    Ha ha, that meant to be a joke?

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

ciaranfo wrote:

sorry my mistake!

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Akula

i have the same problem with my v525

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

You gotta love Motorola

Advertisement