Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst stadium in the Premier League ?

• 08-03-2005 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭

I dislike Old Trafford since you can't see anything and cannot get in or out or get public transport.

Worst 45 votes

Old Trafford
    0%
    Highbury
    13%
    Johnny_the_foxGuy:Incognitop.petePalPacificothejollyrodger 6 votes
    Goodison
    22%
    LocoyopJohnny_the_foxMrJoeSoapDraupnir_blank_thejollyrodgerHealioBrian017dcarroll 10 votes
    Anfield
    15%
    Makavelisuper_furryLFCFanpuntosportingkano476thejollyrodgerianomccabe 7 votes
    Villa Park
    4%
    The Muppetapplehunter 2 votes
    Craven Cottage
    0%
    Fratton Park
    20%
    PHBChongvorbisSteMgrowlerPigman IIBig EarsalfieGileadi 9 votes
    Hawthorns
    15%
    cournionijankPigman IIkensutzeirebhoyThird_EchelonBig Nelly 7 votes
    Carrow Road
    4%
    Juan PabloGileadi 2 votes
    one other not listed
    4%
    Raskolnikovsmemon 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Hawthorns
    Off the top of my head, Fratton Park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Hawthorns
    Fratton Park......they are trying to upgrade at the moment I think!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Goodison
    Highbury is too small, like an astro turf pitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭SteM

Fratton Park
    Of the ones I've been to Godison followed by Craven Cottage I think.
    Pal wrote:
    I dislike Old Trafford since you can't see anything and cannot get in or out or get public transport.

Can't see anything? Depends on where you're sitting I suppose but there's not an obstructed seat in the place!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Goodison
    SteM wrote:
    Can't see anything? Depends on where you're sitting I suppose but there's not an obstructed seat in the place!

Cannot say that about Old Trafford, there is not one single pillar at Old Trafford, only complaint is that it is so big that if you get a back seat on the upper tier you are very far away from the pitch.
    But go to the Nou Camp and see what it is like been at the back of the top tier! :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Hawthorns
    yop wrote:
    Cannot say that about Old Trafford, there is not one single pillar at Old Trafford, only complaint is that it is so big that if you get a back seat on the upper tier you are very far away from the pitch.
    But go to the Nou Camp and see what it is like been at the back of the top tier! :o

San Siro is the same......great stadium with no pilliars! bnut f**K me your far away up the back!!! catching planes with ur hand you can!! lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,314 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Pal wrote:

Public Transport? Unless they have discontinued the specials that run from Oxford Road and Old Trafford train station (under one of the stands I think). Maybe you missed those shiney on street trams that will take you to the city centre after a little walk to the tram stop

Fratton Park
    Public Transport? Unless they have discontinued the specials that run from Oxford Road and Old Trafford train station (under one of the stands I think).

Nope, the match day train still runs and leaves you about 30 seconds walk away from the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Goodison
    From a TV viewing P.o.v. I would have to say Highbury because the camera is far too low and its almost impossible to see the far touch line.

Fratton Park (Nottarf Krap) is pretty vile looking too, but I'm biased and can't say much after the Dell.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Hawthorns
    Fratton Park. Just awful.

I don't know how anyone can say that Old Trafford is the worst ground in the Premiership, there is not a single pillar in the place. And last time I was there I was sitting one row from the top of the North Stand and to be quite honest with you, you can see more up there than you can from the top of the Cusack Stand in Croker.

The transport is great at Old Trafford, got a bus straight after the game straight into the city centre. There is a tram line just beside OT cricket ground (less than a kilometres walk from OT). So I don't know what you are talking about Pal. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

yop wrote:
    Highbury is too small, like an astro turf pitch

i wasnt aware that astro turf pitches made crappy stadia, but there you go :)

i kind of like highbury. its small and crowded and its a great experience.
    ive also been in a corperate box in old trafford and its watching football from 150 yards. great view of the pitch, unfortauntely, the players are too far away! and they pipe in the crowd cheering. although i think thats more to do with the prawn sandwich eaters :)
    but old trafford is by far and away the best stadium i have been to in the UK, with the possible exception of chelsea.

Nou Camp is just the greatest stadium in the world!
    well, ok, that ive been in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ive only been to Anfield, Villa park, and Craven Cottage, and of those the cottage is the least good. That said, it is a nice stadium in a nice area. It has a bit of character which most new stadia dont have.

I hope people arent rating stadia off what they think they look like on TV, as Villa Park doent look that nice on telly, but dead nice in "real life"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Fratton Park
    I picked craven Cottage , the place is pretty bad , but when I think about it i'd go for Fratton park .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Hawthorns
    Well so far highbutry leading the way :rolleyes:

Just goes to show you how this soccer forum has become the shadow of what it was

Oh and by the way the old trafford pitch is only 3 yards wider then highbury!
    and anfield is actually shorter by width by one yard

http://www.arsenal.com/images/PreviousSite/root/s_/stadiumb.gif
    http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/park/yfh45/manu.htm

Personally i like this stadium ;)

Worst has to be fratton park!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Highbury
    jank wrote:
    Just goes to show you how this soccer forum has become the shadow of what it was
    Not really - depends on peoples reasons for why they vote. I went for Old Trafford because I cringe when I think of the place :p

Goodison
    jank wrote:

Maybe people voted for Highbury because it is too narrow, has been said plenty of times by managers and players that the pitch is extremely tight :rolleyes:

Fratton Park
    jank wrote:

People should only vote for stadiums they have been to. For instance Pal mentioned he picked OT for certain reasons that he would never have thought about if he's only seen it on TV, people shouldn't be voting for Highbury or OT just because they dislike the team that plays there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

I'd say Croke Park is the best tbh. I've been in San Siro and Neu Camp but Croke Park and Stade France are the best proportioned stadia I've seen. Anywhere in the stand you are fully involved in the match. It's a pity though about Hill 16. It's a good paugh to be in but a completed Stadium would just look so much nicer. I'll not comment on the worst cause I don't know. I've never looked at a stadium trying to find negatives.

Goodison
    I'd say Croke Park is the best tbh. I've been in San Siro and Neu Camp but Croke Park and Stade France are the best proportioned stadia I've seen. Anywhere in the stand you are fully involved in the match. It's a pity though about Hill 16. It's a good paugh to be in but a completed Stadium would just look so much nicer. I'll not comment on the worst cause I don't know. I've never looked at a stadium trying to find negatives.

It was Stadia in the Premier League that was mentioned lad, but I can see your point, I would put Croke Park above any PL stadium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Ewood Park, still a nationwide division1 league 2 you know what i mean ground :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

jank wrote:

Oh and by the way the old trafford pitch is only 3 yards wider then highbury!
    and anfield is actually shorter by width by one yard

http://www.arsenal.com/images/PreviousSite/root/s_/stadiumb.gif
    http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/park/yfh45/manu.htm

Personally i like this stadium ;)

Worst has to be fratton park!

Why the hell do you even care? It is only a stadium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Fratton Park
    Had to go for Craven Cottage, mainly cause the stands bounce when everyone jumps up and it just looks so dated, best scenery though nice walk by the river through the park to get there. Villa park would get my second place as it's in such a horrible area, the ground isnt too bad but the food is awful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Hawthorns
    cheesedude wrote:
    Why the hell do you even care? It is only a stadium.

Well obviously lots of ABA's care.

Highbury is actually one of the best looking stadiums in the country with its 1930's art deco bieng not only unique but also original, attractive and beautfull.

So much so that the two older stands are listed buildings and when AG opens in 2006 arsenal are going to turn them into luxury apartments while keeping its original features so famous in the marble halls of highbury, to be sold at 300,000+ sterling a pop.

Yep crap stadium alright :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Hawthorns
    I've been to all the stadiums and I have to say Fratton Park by a mile, was there for our game over the Xmas period and obviously being an away supporter and the wind and rain that was there made it an awful experience. This is followed by Goodison then possibly Selhurst Park

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Hawthorns
    Also why was Carrow Road listed? It's being constructed at the moment and it's a brilliant atmospheric stadium, obviously from my point of view

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Anfield
    Goodison. The place is woefully outdated and falling to pieces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

Anfield
    Been to goodison a few years back and it was a bloody kip. palace's ground is bad. selhurst park I think? correct me if i'm wrong there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Pal wrote:

Dislike, Fair enough.

Can't see anything and No public transport??? Couldn't disagree more. I've been in every part of Old Trafford. NT3, East West Stand Both Tiers and theb South Stand. Every time I had a great view of the match. Admitedly there were ocassions where I was very far away from the pitch but could still see the match fine. No pillars to block the view. As for Public transport. It is by far and away the best serviced ground compared to the ones I was in. the tram is only a 5-10 minute walk and that brings you into the city centre our out to Altrincham. Manchester Arena is the second(Have to say second best cause I support MU) best stadium I've been in but the Transport for that is a joke. It's 2 miles to the closest Tram, Train.

My order of Preference of the Stadiums I've been in are

Pearse Stadium
    Croke Park
    ;-P
    Old Trafford
    Hawthorns(Nice compact stadium, great atmosphere.)
    Villa Park(Nic Stadium, Close to Train)
    Manchester Arena(Class Stadium,
    Goodison Park(Ground Staff were legends)
    Anfield(Nice Stadium. Pity about the team and location ;-P)
    St Andrews(Hate the place, dirty, small and full of Scumbags, Loads of restricted viewing areas. When at man U match was sitting directly behind bench, couldn't see sh1t. Plus they upped the match tickets to £40 for the high profile matches and complained when away supportes refused to buy food and stuff in there shop at half time. Grade A Winkers with 2 capital A's)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Highbury
    AthAnRi wrote:
    Dislike, Fair enough.

Can't see anything and No public transport??? Couldn't disagree more.

OLD TRAFFORD

Ok I didn't know about the tram.
    still had to walk back to town.

The seats in rows 1 to 10 are below pitch camber.

Absolutely appaling.

The upper decks are too high and the old stand is imbalanced and out of synch with the rest of the ground.

access under the stand is too congested.

AthAnRi wrote:
    Manchester Arena is the second(Have to say second best cause I support MU) best stadium I've been in but the Transport for that is a joke. It's 2 miles to the closest Tram, Train.

City of Manchester Stadium is a short walk from Manchester Piccadilly Station (via the underpass)
    http://www.stadiumguide.com/cityofmanchester.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Badabing wrote:
    Ewood Park, still a nationwide division1 league 2 you know what i mean ground :D

I cant understand what u mean?

Ewood was almost completely rebuilt in the 90's (3 sides) and is pretty well equipped . I mean you dont need the san siro for the approx 25,000 that turn out there every week.
    It won premier league pitch of the year a few years ago, has 3 new stands, a brilliant jumbo screen, that shows prematch stuff , and the teams running out etc.

They hold england u21 matches etc there, as it is highly rated, and easily accessable!

Independant fan review
    http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/park/yfh45/blackbrev1.htm

I think this thread is becoming a farce with people voting against the team they least like, rather than bad grounds.

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Highbury
    I have been to Ewood.

Super ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Imo i didn't think it was great , i was there in i think in 96 or 97 to see Blackburn v Palace, Ray Houghton was playing for palace, good game aswell but i remember it took ages to get into the ground and apart from the palace fans the atmosphere was poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

Selhurst Park is an old crumbling wreck......

And I'm a Palace Season Ticket holder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Hawthorns
    Goodison Park may be getting on in years, but its not 'falling apart' as one other poster put it. Its a bloody fine stadium; old skool... the atmosphere is second to none.

Now, i agree it does need redevelopment work done to it, and thats the big debate over the past few years at everton, do we stay or do we go.

Personally I love goodison park, dont know why, but id love to see it redeveloped.

Worst in the premier league has to be fratton park

Advertisement