Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social life due to work..

Options
  • 08-03-2005 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Anyone else feel that they arent getting as much out of the social side of college due to financial pressures, and the fact that they hold down jobs outside of college?
    The year is zipping by, and Ive only been on a handful of nights out and havent had the time to get involved with societies etc.
    Anyone else have the same problem In college?
    Ive a year to go after this but I cant help but wonder whether or not I will regret working so much outside of college, while at college.
    How Is it for the rest of you? And for those of you who worked while in college, did you feel that you missed out much?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

I've done 2 years working part time and college fulltime and this year working full time and college part time. Tbh, nothing you can do, either live with it or else live off someone else.

Dublin is far too expensive to allow an equal situation to both.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I work part time and am in college full time. I find it harder trying to fit the studying in, because I'm doing taekwondo in college practically every day during the week, and working Friday night, Saturday and Sunday. My nights out tend to be the club nights out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I'm currently working full time and doing a part time course which is really a full time course. I'm falling way behind trying to juggle everything.

I did a full time degree in the past and worked part-time aswell. Looking back I regret not spending more time on the social side of college and travel etc. That said being broke and in college isn't much fun either. Its a hard to find an ideal balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Well you can't have everything as Doodee says.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I don't know where people get the energy to have such active social lives in college! I didn't work as an undergrad and I lived at home so I didn't have to do much cooking etc but I still had a pretty quiet social life. It's hard to attend lectures and keep up with reading if you're going out clubbing more than once a week. In fact, the only year I could get away with putting my social life first was my Erasmus year in France because going out a lot improved my French enormously and there was less exam pressure on Erasmus students.

• Advertisement
Advertisement