Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 MMS (bill pay) Microsoft Smartphone settings

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 RYR154

No Joy.
    Still not working.

secret_squirrel

Just put your settings into my Imate SP5 agani and they worked.
    Over the moon now. You made me a very happy man :D:D

Just a quick update.
    I noticed the SP5 will not Send or Receive MMS with the Bluetooth on:confused:
    Don't know if thats the way its ment to be or its just the way it happened as a one off.

Phone: Imate SP5
    Op SYS: Windows Mobile 2005

Can someone please help!!!
    I recently installed then deleted the Onix Task Manager on my phone and now I am having a real problem.

I can’t sent MMS messages as I keep getting the message
    “Your message is larger then the sending limit you specified under “MMSC Settings”
    I get this message even if the MMS message is only 2k.
    I have Max. Sending Size: 100K I have tried it with 250K and still get the same message.

I also noticed that there are now two extra settings under
    Start>Messaging>5 MMS>MENU> 8 OPTIONS > 4 ACCOUNT OPTIONS > 3 MMS >MENU > 1 MMSC SETTINGS

I did have:
    GPRS MMS

I now have
    GPRS MMS

If I delete the two “default” settings and turn my phone off and back on again they reaper.
    The setting inside the “default” are both the same.
    Name: default
    MMSC URL: http://vxpix.com/servlets/mms
    WAP: gateway: 63.73.9.22
    Port: 9201

Alan

Can anyone tell me,
    Have o2 changed there MMS setting.
    After my last post I got everything working OK with MMS.
    Sending and reciving to my harts content.

Then about a month ago it stopped sending MMS messages for no reason.

This is realy driving me nuts. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

redzer007 wrote:
    I emailed them and they do not support Smarthpone,

The OS on the XDA is PocketPC phone edition

on o2 prepay, i could use tcp/ip gprs straight away without any activation.. my smartphone is a htc tornado, the vodafone v1240, but called qtek 8310 in mine. i just apn pp.internet and leave everything else blank.. works a treat.

Hi Flodis79
    Where do I put the pp.internet setting.
    In VPN or GPRS.

Not quite sure how to do this.

Just a quick follow up to my MMS o2 Ireland Setting.

Up until yesterday I was still unable to receive MMS messages on my Imate SP5.
    I could send them but not receive them. Even sending was a problem. It would only send on some occasions and after being connected to GPRS for what seemed like a life time.

I got on to Imate and asked them had they come across this problem before.
    It works out that all the phone needed was a software update.

I installed the update last night and re-entered my MMS setting and tried to send an MMS message. It connected really quickly and sent the massage within seconds.

I was also able to send an MMS with Bluetooth switched on with no ill effects.

So the moral of the story is:
    If you want to get MMS on your Imate SP5 on the o2 Ireland network. Use the setting listed in this post by secret_squirrel and add the latest Window’s Mobile 5 updates. You should have no problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

Also point to note you will be able to short get the O2 Ireland ROM for the O2 XDA IQ or the Rebranded SP5, this will also have all the necessary Settings for MMS and GPRS built in for Ireland.

If you get onto O2 you should be able to get the Cab file will all settings and also the O2 User Interface

The o2 Ireland setting would be great. Not so for the o2 user interface.
    I had the SP3 and installed the interface for Vodafone. I discovered that some items are disabled and not visable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

RYR154 wrote:
    Hi Flodis79
    Where do I put the pp.internet setting.
    In VPN or GPRS.

Not quite sure how to do this.

In GPRS.

Advertisement