Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcomming patch

• 08-03-2005 4:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭

For those of you in EU (and didnt play US) you dont know how long we've been waiting for this but it has finally been announced. After 4 months its finally almost here :)

Check out all the changes here

And that apparently is only half the patch. Other half wasnt ready yet and people were getting very impatient so they decided to split it up.

Some very interesing changes there.

Preview to Dire maul for those of you who haven't seen it can be found here

The test realms go live on friday and certain random people (lvl 55-60) have been invited to test it. My guess would be Tuesday week (ie 2 weeks from today) that it will go live on the main servers (as long as there are no problems).

They also said that next patches wont be as long in the coming.

EDIT: apparently i mis read nd the testing phase is only up till friday.... patch next week maybe? :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Predje

:( i see they havent fixed paladins yet. Also shammys grounding totem still doesnt do what it should.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭Thordon

Awesome changes for druid, finaly a catform dd finisher, and the bear rage-hp thing sounds great too. Meeting stones, great idea. This patch rocks, seriously this like 30 patches worth of good changes in EQ :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

Druid thing thats created most buzz around my guild (all druid after all) is the barkskin. if it works the way i think it does they have just fixed the biggest problem with 2 of our spells. Namely tranquility and hurricane. Both may be feesible now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Hurricane is channeled, no? Dont know about tranquitilty. But from the sounds of it they are going for the same effect as shield/mana shield, in which case Barkskin will still not prevent damage from disrupting them.

Things that affect me the most are the removal of high level's being visible to the UI. The group stones, the max raid sizes in Instances, larger drop rating of Fused Wiring, and the engineer repairbot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Repair bot = best thing everrrrrrrrr

I'll be farming BRD lots till i get that schematic

The nerf to spirit of aquementas / choker of enlightment is HUGE though(on priests / druids mainly), these items were pretty broken but changing them to +damage or +healing effects is probably the biggest nerf possible :/
    Time to get a staff.

• Advertisement

Hurricane is channeled, no? Dont know about tranquitilty. But from the sounds of it they are going for the same effect as shield/mana shield, in which case Barkskin will still not prevent damage from disrupting them.
    Yer both channeled.
    People over on the druid forums seem to believe that it may not stop the channel however after re-thinking i believe your right on which case Hurricane and to a lesser extent tranquility will still be used the odd time but not wide spread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Dont get me wrong, its a still a great ability for the druid, but if it prevented channel interruptions it would be too good :o

not really.

Tranquility is on a 10min cooldown and is already an underwhelming heal no way near as effective as the priests group heal which is not channeled.

Hurricane is not widely used. It does a fraction of the amount of damage a mage aoe spell does. Creates agro like crazy and is interruptable.
    I know one druid who has it. He says its ok but he needs a good tank and another healer to even think about using it.
    So basically its useless except vs mobs that are a lot lower than he is. That said it does look cool :p

For a 31 point unlimate talent its pretty shoite dont ya think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

You think that's bad for a 31 point talent?

Try a spirit buff that gives 35 spirit at the end of a priests Discipline tree.
    The most useless stat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Paladin-talk moved to seperate thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=235113

• Advertisement
Advertisement