Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iriver H10 firmware problem Help Needed

• 08-03-2005 4:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭

CAn anyone help please....

I got an iriver H10 and I cannot firmware update it ........... when i go to the iriverplus site the download goes to 10% and then saiys "network issue".

Also, the manual upgrade page on iriver is a load of bull..........

Anyone got any solutions?

D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

it's a known problem at the moment... I only managed to download up to 70%++ before it cracked up... Anyway, what firmware version that you have now? Got 1.06 here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

mart_max wrote:
    it's a known problem at the moment... I only managed to download up to 70%++ before it cracked up... Anyway, what firmware version that you have now? Got 1.06 here...

Same............ I e-mailed thier tech support !!

finally i managed to upgrade my firmware to ver 2.00. the problem occured before could be network congestions. the upgrade went smooth. see the following update log :

Version 2.00 2005/03/07

* New Features
    1. Added function to enter radio tuner channel in iriver plus
    - (Please update iriver plus to version 1.1.1.20)

* Feature Improvement
    1. Fixed wrong title display in shuffle mode
    2. Fixed not to re-record until all data is being recorded when voice recording is completed
    3. Fixed to maintain the previous stage before FM Tuner Recording
    4. Fixed to set internal RTC by reading from external RTC when internal RTC is not functioning properly

* Bug Fixes
    1. Fixed the issue of not displaying the ending of lyric due to buffer size in some songs
    2. Fixed to record normally in case of manual recording after completion of reserved FM tuner recording
    3. Fixed volume change during Play/Pause in EQ
    4. Fixed to open unsupported file after opening unsupported file in Browser mode
    5. Fixed system file missing error

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Im trying to use the firmware update feature in Iriver Plus, but it keeps saying
    "Network problems may be preventing download, please try again later"

Ive tried to update about 6-7 times and still no joy? Any Ideas?

Sean.

Im trying to use the firmware update feature in Iriver Plus, but it keeps saying
    "Network problems may be preventing download, please try again later"

Ive tried to update about 6-7 times and still no joy? Any Ideas?

Sean.

Are you on NTL ? I could not get updated on NTL but when I tried IBB it worked fine !! Its to do with IP recognition ect form the Iriver network !

all failing go to the Iriver website and manually update fomr thier support page, the file is about 3meg.

PM if you need more help........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I finally got it updated, I just kept retrying and it worked. but it doesnt fix the main problem, all tracks are displayed alphabetically (sp?) the US firmware thatwas released fixed this problem, but the european one doesnt? thats crap. Any news on a european fix for this?

I finally got it updated, I just kept retrying and it worked. but it doesnt fix the main problem, all tracks are displayed alphabetically (sp?) the US firmware thatwas released fixed this problem, but the european one doesnt? thats crap. Any news on a european fix for this?

No, however in the playlist you can put them in any order you want !! Its a pain when your listening to a DJ mixed album, jumps all over the place !!

D

Attention to all H10 owners here...

Latest, iRiver has release an update version of iRiver Plus which is 1.2.1.1.
    Version 1.2.1.1 2005/05/14

* New Features:
    1. Support track order display in an album for device (requires firmware 2.04)
    2. Added AlbumID feature
    3. Added tag batch edition feature

* Feature Improvement:
    1. Improved MusicID feature
    2. Altered file transfer method as to creates an artist folder in the device prior to transfer

* Bug Fixes:
    1. Fixed incorrect genre insertion during music file addition into the library
    2. Improved sync function for music files with special character (*)
    3. Improved audio format support - MPEG 2.5 layer 3 format

And the very good news is the new firmware for non-US H10. It is version 2.04 now
    Version 2.04 2005/05/14
    1. Songs in an album are displayed in track order (requires iriver plus 1.2)

The long awaited fix for track orders! Yay! :D

Advertisement