Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

2 delete questions

• 08-03-2005 4:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

1)Looking for a handy little prog that will delete the un-deleteable,trying to delete a file but everytime I do it tells me there is some program using is but theres not

2)I am trying to delete Ms Outlook as some of my personal folders are corrupt but when I stick in the Office cd and choose to delete outlook/restart/re-install, the new copy is the same.I know the cd is good so how do I get low down and delete outlook without wiping the machine :eek:

Thanks Cubix

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

1st one may be spyware and is being used by a process, get adaware or somfin.

Locate .pst files in your documents and kill them (well hidden so unhide folders before you go looking)

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

cubix wrote:
    1)Looking for a handy little prog that will delete the un-deleteable,trying to delete a file but everytime I do it tells me there is some program using is but theres not

this sometimes works for me.

if the file is in a folder i remove all the other contents of the folder (stuff you want to keep) stick them in a new folder on desktop (or whereever you want for time being) just so long as it's the un deletable file in the folder it was orignally in... delete the folder.

then you can re make the folder again and paste everything back in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Cheers lads :D

Advertisement