Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cash Machines/ATMs Not To Use

Options
  • 08-03-2005 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Not sure this is the best forum to post to but it's the only one I could find that matched most.

DO NOT use the ATM at the botom of Henry St (Near Toymaster)

I withdrew money from my account and was immediately debited twice. I've checked with the bank and it's not a clerical/computer error. I've also heard on the radio that several people have had similar experiences around town. If you know of or have had the same misfortune please post the ATM location here.

/Ryshandyr

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Hi
    A friend of mine works for a bank in dundrum and told me not to use the ulster bank ATM in dundrum
    Shopping center (the old 1) because a card was cloned there so here is another 1 to the list

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Merrion

The equipment used to clone card is very small and can easily be moved from machine to machine so just avoiding machine X is not going to help.

Your best bet is to check the machine for unusual attachments and cover the keypad as best you can with your non-keying hand (or anything you are carrying) so the tiny camera can't pick up which keys you pressed.

Advertisement