Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OCS fans - tickets on sale tomorrow wed

• 08-03-2005 6:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭

I imagine the Whelans gig will sell out very fast

Ocean Colour Scene – four night stand
    =============================

Whelans, Dublin – 5 May 2005
    The Village, Dublin – 6 May 2005
    The Ambassador, Dublin Sunday, - 7 May 2005
    The Olympia Theatre, Dublin – 8 May 2005

Ocean Colour Scene have just confirmed a series of four very special shows for May this year. The dates kick off in the intimate surroundings of Whelans, Dublin on 5 May, followed by a show next door at The Village the following night. They then head for Dublin’s Ambassador Theatre on Saturday, 7 May before they play one of their homes away from home the Olympia Theatre on Sunday, 8 May. Tickets for all four dates go on sale Wednesday 9 March at 09:00.

The band are offering fans a special opportunity to see all four shows with a limited number of special four-in-one tickets also available from Wednesday.

Tickets for all four dates will be available from Wednesday 9 March at 09:00.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

Link for the 4-in-one ticket here:

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/artist/942084

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

In fairness you'd want to be some fan of any band to go to see them 4 nights in a row!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I saw Counting Crows 3 nights in a row :o
    to be honest, by the third night it kinda got repetitive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

comet wrote:
    In fairness you'd want to be some fan of any band to go to see them 4 nights in a row!
    i'd do it if it was a worthwhile band.

it would be bound to get repetitive as they'd more than likely didn't vary the set list hence it's practially the same gig

Too much of a good thing, I don't think i'd go to see any band 4 nights in a row unless it was something like Suede did last year in london where they did 4 or 5 nights in a row but each night they played one of their albums in its entirety so each night was completely different.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

for those people who are going, which venue are you going to see them at ?
    i would go see them at all 4 venues, if they played different setlists/had different support bands...but i will probably check them out once

Well Whelans is sold out anyway, people will always want to see them in the smallest venue but you can expect somewhere like the Olympia to have a great atmosphere too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

W00t? €95 to see Office Cleaning Services 4 nights in a row?

They should be offering a special €5 ticket to see them play 100 Mile High City and the Riverboat Song as the first 2 songs, so you can go home before having to listen to all the other drivel...

I'm guessing Dublin must be the last place they can get gigs, what with our large population of sad diehard Northside retro-mods?

Yes you're right it would be far cooler to go to see some NME hyped rubbish band and talk about them with your mates for the next 6 months until you realise the band were actually ****e and will never be heard of again and then it'll be time to jump on the next big thing.
    OCS are a decent band and very good live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

magpie wrote:
    W00t? €95 to see Office Cleaning Services 4 nights in a row?

They should be offering a special €5 ticket to see them play 100 Mile High City and the Riverboat Song as the first 2 songs, so you can go home before having to listen to all the other drivel...

I'm guessing Dublin must be the last place they can get gigs, what with our large population of sad diehard Northside retro-mods?

You're an awful twat.

• Advertisement

Yes you're right it would be far cooler to go to see some NME hyped rubbish band and talk about them with your mates for the next 6 months until you realise the band were actually ****e and will never be heard of again and then it'll be time to jump on the next big thing.

Oh, I didn't realise those were the only two choices. Cursed binary music options. I gave up reading NME about 1990.
    OCS are a decent band and very good live.

Sure, its just they've been doing the same schtick since the early 90s. I went to see them about 3 times ranging from when they were in their prime in about 1995, to when they were on their way out about 5 years ago. Which is why I'm amazed that they're still pluggin away with the same old stuff, and people are still paying for it. Like I said, I'd gladly pay a fiver to see their two good singles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Magpie grow up, you reply to a thread simply to slag a particular band and then when you get a reply you don't like proceed to complain?

"This is the reason that the user gave:
    Does 'you're a twat' count as contributing something to a thread?"

You're a twat Kali. I'm assuming I'm allowed to say that on the basis of what's good for the goose is good for the gander?

Advertisement