Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mail Notification problems?

Options
  • 08-03-2005 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,897 ✭✭✭✭

Just to let you know..

Ye probably know it already but mail notifications (for new posts to a subscribed thread) seem to be a bit screwy (for me anyways) today.

Seem to be getting notifications for posts made a couple of hours ago etc.

Not a huge big deal... can just look at the User Control Panel for new posts.

Just thought i'd let ye know.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

No problems here

• Registered Users Posts: 43,897 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah.. i'm not having any problems now actually.

But earlier today, i was.

Might have been just Eircom Mail acting up.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Our mail queues become very large during the day and therefore you will see a delay at certain periods. Not sure if there's any easy way of speeding this up.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

can boards stop emailing me when threads i replyed to have been posted on, i'm getting loads of e-mails all of a sudden....

What are your thread subscription options in your usercp?

• Advertisement

i've turned them all off, but i keep getting mail.....

Have you been subscribed to any new threads since turning those options off?

yes.....

For example?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

actually, the email notification seems to have gone abit funny for me too....haven't got one since 5.30am yesterday. i should have had about 20 or so....

perhaps IS services in TCD are blocking it as spam or something...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I'm getting multiple e-mail notifications for the same postings...... not that its a problem, just a bit annoying.
    They also tend to arrive about an hour (or longer depending on the time of day) after the post has been made.

Also- my subscribed threads appear to have wiped themselves? Curious... C'est la vie I guess....

At least no probs posting anymore....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I'm not getting any notifications at all for some reason. :confused:

B.

Im not getting any notifications for subscribed threads since mid afternoon yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

My notifications were slow and multiple for the same thread also... and now they've also stopped :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,897 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep.. none here either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I'm getting none - since yesterday. Threads have been replied to but no mails. Last one I received was one from Slydice yesterday at 02.57 if that's any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Anybody else see the irony in not getting email notifications when someone replies to this thread?

B.

BaZmO* wrote:
    Anybody else see the irony in not getting email notifications when someone replies to this thread?

B.
    i do :D

i think mine are back to normal i just got 25 of them

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

BaZmO* wrote:

B.

lol :D

Advertisement