Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DAB Radio Help

Options
  • 08-03-2005 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Would i be able to recive dab radio if i bought a dab radio.Is there reception in this country??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 JosephF

someone help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

There's still no DAB infrastructure here yet so anyone I've come across is getting it as a result of bleed from the UK and Northern Ireland.

Would be worth having a look at www.radiowaves.fm and ask any questions of the friendly anoraks there.

- From their forums...
    zorro2566
    Noisy MW Member
    I currently live in Collooney,Co.Sligo where i can recieve excellent DAB & FM reception from Northern Ireland,i will be moving to a new house two miles away (Ballisodare) where the FM reception is not as good but is still obtainable.My question is,will my DAB reception be good or non existant,i am using roof aerials for both DAB (3 element) & FM by the way ,will i need to amplify the aerial,any advice would be appreciated.

- godfrey
    Noisy LW Member

unless someone has a coverage map, only a site survey can answer that question properly. you could use a portable receiver and take a ramble down to the new house. it might give you an idea of whether you will get reception.

g

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 JosephF

jmc thanks for the help.
    do u have a dab yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

Hey, no probs Joseph. Don't have it yet. Just listen to stations on digital tele. Working with web station PowerFM.org and hoping to go on digital at some stage.

Advertisement