Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fitting New Cd/Radio

Options
  • 08-03-2005 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

I'm just wondering how easy or difficult it is to fit a new CD/radio unit into a modern type car where these are built in by the manufacturers.

Also what's the story about replacing speakers? I've heard a few 'own make' cd and speaker combinations and they sound very muddy and flat. Not that I want to have blaring boombastic NOISE coming from my car, but I do like it to be clear and audible!

Damo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭edmund_f

think i should work for these people...

call / email bluespot.co.uk they are very helpful

stereo (headunit) if it is a standard 'Din' unit, no problems, if something else, e.g. ford/toyota etc i have no idea

speakers..
    just make sure you do your measuring very carefully if you expect them to fit in doors etc. a sub unit may be worth looking into, will take some of the pressure of your speakers, perhaps look into getting hi pass filters and fit extra speakers also

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

It would be highly unusual for any car not to be able to accept a DIN headunit. Most unique fit stereos are just a DIN format with an odd shaped piece of plastic at the front and fascia adapters can be got to fill up the gap between an ordinary DIN headunit and the dashboard. Sometimes you can get double DIN head units, in which case, you can get a blanking plate to cover the open half of the slot. Unusually for any car part, the fascia adapters are often cheaper at main dealers than anywhere else.

• Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭LFCFan

if you're looking for facia adaptors, harness adapters (to connect old wires with ISO), steering remote adaptors etc, check out www.incarexpress.co.uk. Just got some kit off them to install a Sony MP3 head unit into a Ford Mondeo. Works a treat!

Advertisement