Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ronaldo, what do you think?

• 08-03-2005 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭

In my opinion he has to be let go during the summer. He's one of the greediest players Ive ever seen, and it's obvious his team mates hate him. And I'm not just talking about this game, he's been this way all season.

What do you think - Ronaldo 28 votes

Keep him, he's only young and will learn
    0% 0 votes
    Sell him, he's a liability in every match
    100% 28 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,654 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

L5 wrote:
    In my opinion he has to be let go during the summer. He's one of the greediest players Ive ever seen, and it's obvious his team mates hate him. And I'm not just talking about this game, he's been this way all season.
    i knew this thread was coming i say

keep him hes young and just needs a role model to firmly kick him into place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

where was ROONEY, VAN NISTELROOY, SCHOLES when utd went 1-0 down.

ronaldo was the only player looking for the ball and trying to create something. apart from hitting the post, giggs did nothing. why does ronaldo (19yr old with little experience) get all the blame when 'won it all' giggs get away with it.

coming of with a bloody nose- what a wimp! disgraceful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

greedy or ambitious?

i think he would get just as much pleasure if rooney scored as if he himself did, he just made a few bad decisions

he tries hard and is better attacking than most on the team.. get off his back

where was scholes tonight? he was shocking both matches..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

FFS I can not believe I am seeing this. Why sell Ronaldo? Why? What good would that do? There is no logic to it at all.

EDIT: He is an absolutely brilliant young player. Was Kaka that influential tonight???? Well he is another who is an absolutely brilliant player who is also older than Ronaldo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,314 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Crazy poll, why not make it a public one?

• Advertisement

and also give more options in the poll.. like 'leave him he has tried his best'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

cheesedude wrote:
    FFS I can not believe I am seeing this. Why sell Ronaldo? Why? What good would that do? There is no logic to it at all.

He has lost all respect of his team mates though,
    that will be nearly impossible to get back.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

FFS, he is young and has alot to learn. You cant blame him for all uniteds failures

I wont waste my time voting in this riduclious poll.

i dont think hes lost much respect from them

everyone played pretty poor.. ronaldo was the only one who impressed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

agreed, dont single out just him.Utds other players are to blame too for tonights result.Ronaldo just seems an easy target condering all the crap in the papers juring the week about him, keane and smith. Give the young lad a break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

L5 wrote:
    He has lost all respect of his team mates though,
    that will be nearly impossible to get back.

Where are you getting that from? IMO It's pure crap, Ronaldo was one of our best players tonight, United were beaten by one Goal by a better team. We don't have a god given right to win you Know. BTW are you a United supporter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

IMO Ronaldo rarely produces quality crosses. I would give him another season and see how things go.

do united players really not like him /??

In my opinion it is easier to say "the players hate Smith" because he was not brought on even when Rooney was not performing.

cheesedude, congrats on 1000th post

Leonard wrote:
    cheesedude, congrats on 1000th post

Pfft Newbies.:)

The Muppet wrote:
    Pfft Newbies.:)

LOL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

I was so disappointed with United tonight but Ronaldo trys to do so much when he cant. But there is no way i would sell him unless someone crazy came in for him for £25million. What Ronnie needs to do is work on crossing the ball. We know he can beat a few players but he needs to try and stop trying to beat every player and work on his crossing. People forget he is only 19, player dont reach there peck until 27 for god sake.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Stupid poll, Ronaldo was the only player having a go at Milan tonight. By far United's best player in the second half last night. The other United players who played half decent was Ferdinand and Heinze.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

What's the story with Ronaldo in the dressing room? I've heard a couple of times that he's very unpopular among the players and has been involved in big bust-ups more than once.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Stupid poll as said, sell him, he is not Ronaldino but he is only 20 years old FFS,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

i think Ronaldo was the only united player to take on the milan defence they all seemed scared to have a go. even Giggs! Giggs still has pace but wouldnt attempt to take on 35 yr old Cafu(i know Cafu is excellent but he could've at least had a go!)

Ronaldo always looking for the ball, looked to run at the defence and tried to make somethning happen. he's only 19 and had never played in a game of that importance for united before so i think that taken into account he done really well!

all of utd's big boys(Giggs,Ruud,Rooney and Scholes )were all pi$$ poor last night and let utd down.

why he didnt bring on Smith when they scored and played with 3 strikers i dont know, may as well have lost 5-0 as 1-0. at least give it a go, not like fergie to give up like that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

I dont get this criticism of Ronaldo at all!

I thought he was far better than most of the Utd Players last night and lately he's been the best attacking option!

you wanna criticise a Utd player, try Rooney for one or any other of the big players for starters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

The Muppet wrote:
    United were beaten by one Goal by a better team. We don't have a god given right to win you Know. BTW are you a United supporter?

can all of us non Man Utd supporters get this framed and bring it out every time a utd supporter moans about losing a game because of adverse refereeing, weather conditions, the accendency of venus into neptune etc :p

can all of us non Man Utd supporters get this framed and bring it out every time a utd supporter moans about losing a game because of adverse refereeing, weather conditions, the accendency of venus into neptune etc :p

What can I say , If they had been wearing their grey strip I could have used that one but unfortunatly there was no such easy way out this time.

Have you sought help yet, I still detect issues?;)

:)

im still receiveing help.

But it was 3 yards over!!!!!

sorry.

anyway, i say he should stay. he usually plays well in the league, and he has got good skills. he will learn more about team as roy punches it into him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

What's the story with Ronaldo in the dressing room? I've heard a couple of times that he's very unpopular among the players and has been involved in big bust-ups more than once

Ayyy that much is true. Give him another season but its fair to say that ronaldo sees Man Utd as a step up to a bigger and brighter place like barca, real madrid or one of the top italian sides. His shots on goal last night spoke volumes about him, he wanted the headlines for himself and make a name for himself rather then play as a team.

3 shots from around 35 yards out each time tells its own story.

He has talent but has to learn that there is no 'I' in team

jank wrote:
    Give him another season but its fair to say that ronaldo sees Man Utd as a step up to a bigger and brighter place like barca, real madrid or one of the top italian sides.

I think this too. Manchester is a dump and has crap weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

what happened in the dressing? sounds like he might need a bit of a kicking to loose that attitude : P ronaldo rarely produces quality crosses 2bf

jank wrote:
    His shots on goal last night spoke volumes about him,

yeah, i heard utd didnt get a single shot *on* target over two legs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

yeah, i heard utd didnt get a single shot *on* target over two legs.

giggs hit the post. we had a few quality chances in fairness, just couldnt take them. had van been fit and sharp ive no doubt he would have caused problems.

he wasnt 100% and so the weight lied on rooneys shoulders. last night we seen what a big game player rooney is :rolleyes: i know he's young, so too is ronaldo but if your a 1st team utd striker, you should be able to score anywhere at anytime. you dont get bullied about and frozen out of a game.

for £30m, id expect a player who can take on the best and beat the best. milan's defence is one of the best ever and a good test for any attacker. dubbed the next 'pele' or 'shearer', id expect a performance over 1 of 2 legs at least.

the attackers knew they had to score 2, pressure was on form the start. the fact rooney couldnt get into the game (i'll excuse van because he's not 100%) worries me about how he can handle pressure/expectation. player of the month last month :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

THE PRICE OF A PLAYER IS VERY LITTLE RELATED TO HIS ACTUAL QUALITY
    Thigns which determine price:
    Form
    Potential

Potential is perhaps the most expensive player type.

Leave him alone, you know he is the highest rated player by Sky's ratings and by the fans ratings. Whats that say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

PHB wrote:
    Leave him alone, you know he is the highest rated player by Sky's ratings and by the fans ratings. Whats that say?
    All it says is Sky rate him because he is Englands new whizz kid. And fans rate him because hes "Roooooooooooooonnneeeyyy".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I was talking about Ronaldo, not rooney.

He ain't from England :)

Want to know why he is so good?
    Because when he plays well he wins the game, that simple.
    If Ronaldo had been playing on top vs. Milan he could have scored two.
    Thats why people rate him.
    Because of the times he preforms, not the times he doesn't preform

Advertisement