Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slipknot - RDS Simmonscourt, 10/06/05

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

You know there is a board for gigs?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

It not cool here?

Feel free to move in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

You know there is a board for gigs?
    Eh... Slayer, Fury Fest threads... Why a problem with this one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Ro: maaan! wrote:
    Eh... Slayer, Fury Fest threads... Why a problem with this one?

Not a particular problem, I just wanted to point it out, because I dislike the way a lot of people seem to treat the rock/metal board as it's own seperate community, removed from boards.ie as a whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Dunno if ill go see them or 'knot (muhaha), seen them support metallica but indoor and with a much better sound, it might be worth it. And at €38.50, its not as expensive as i thought it'd be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

...but indoor and with a much better sound
    Don't bet on it. I went to see Korn indoors in the RDS and the sound was complete mud. I'd still go to this gig though; I'm one of the remaining people who still think that slipknot are a good band.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Evilution wrote:
    Don't bet on it. I went to see Korn indoors in the RDS and the sound was complete mud. I'd still go to this gig though; I'm one of the remaining people who still think that slipknot are a good band.

Don't listen to this person.

I too was at that gig and I, and everybody else I have spoken to that was there, felt that it was a brilliant gig.
    Sound included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Drevin Fairy

Dunno if ill go see them or 'knot (muhaha), seen them support metallica but indoor and with a much better sound, it might be worth it. And at €38.50, its not as expensive as i thought it'd be.

Yeah, Iron maiden is E65 - E75 depending on whether you want to sit or not and Slayer is E44.50
    Think i might go to this
    Anyone know if there'll be a bus from Cork???

I too was at that gig and I, and everybody else I have spoken to that was there, felt that it was a brilliant gig.
    Sound included.

Well you're all muppets then :confused:
    It. Sounded. Crap.
    I could barely make out what songs were what for Korn (made worse by the fact that many of their newer songs kind of sound the same). Puddle of Mudd sounded ok at the best of times, but thats only because they are not has ham-fisted with the bass as korn are.
    Thats why I haven't gone to a show in the RDS since. I'm breaking that chain to see Slipknot but if they sound the same there then I'm never going to darken the RDS gate again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I agree, I was also at that Korn gig a few years ago, and the sound was f*cking AWFUL (in fact i've never been at a gig with good sound in simmonscourt). Muddy, awful, badly mixed sound. You're never going to get good sound in Simmonscourt because it's just a bloody tin shed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

was fun insulting puddle of mudd though :D
    that was the only thing tthat made up for that terrible gig

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

very good price. i'll have to make an executive decision on which ticket to buy, this or slayer. both will sell out.... but i don't have the cash to buy both at the same time :(

for those of you who are interested, support is by helmet

Damn. I wouldn't mind seeing Helmet. Bit surprised to see them supporting Slipknot but there ya go.

I reckon there'll be one or two more bands added.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

i heard system of a down were supporting but i reckoned it was bull**** cos system are too good to support Slipknot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

aye sounds like a load of shiit to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Googe

Well it isn't. System are supporting

System of a Down are playing in Germany on the 10th June. They will not be supporting Slipknot.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭derrylahan

def going and then slayer on the mon after,
    it will be 1 deadly weekend

Evilution wrote:
    Well you're all muppets then :confused:
    It. Sounded. Crap.
    I could barely make out what songs were what for Korn (made worse by the fact that many of their newer songs kind of sound the same). Puddle of Mudd sounded ok at the best of times, but thats only because they are not has ham-fisted with the bass as korn are.
    Thats why I haven't gone to a show in the RDS since. I'm breaking that chain to see Slipknot but if they sound the same there then I'm never going to darken the RDS gate again.

Oh yes, I'm the muppet.
    I could perfectly hear, and recognised every song as it began.
    I could also hear their then new songs perfectly...all two of them.

Well ofcourse you haven't been to a show in Simmonscourt since then...there hasn't been any metal gigs there since then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

oh and yeah the RDS has the worst sound ever indoor and outdoors.
    if anyone was at megadeth in the ambassador then ya'd know what its meant to sound like!

Oh yes, I'm the muppet.
    Well I'm glad you see the light, but don't worry, I won't hold it against you :rolleyes:
    I've been to other events in the RDS since that gig - I don't live a one-dimensional life yanno. That building was never really designed for gigs in my opinion; its just a glorified shed for events and conferences. When they were building it I don't think they really had Korn and Puddle of Mudd in mind really.
    Try to go to a gig abroad and see the difference. I've been to some gigs in America and the UK, in venues equally the size of the RDS, but they demonstrate what a gig is supposed to sound like.

I have been to plenty of gigs in plenty of differnet venues so I know what a gig is supposed to sound like.
    So what if it wasn't designed for gigs....the point was never designed for gigs and it fits the same description you gave the RDS, yet no-one complains about the sound there.

You two are the first people I haveever spoken to that couldn't hear what was going on.

yet no-one complains about the sound there.

HAHA!!!!!!!!!!
    you really have no idea what you're talking about, do you ?

Yes actually, I'm very sure I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

ROFFLE!!! The sound in the Point is ATROCIOUS! It takes the skills of very good sound engineers to make a production or gig sound good in there.

You have to remember the point is an old railway shed, it was NOT built for musical events.

If you have ever been to a venue that has been built specifically for music, you will hear the difference immediately. Perhaps you just have insensitive hearing.

Or maybe all the bands that I've been to see have compitent sound engineers.

You two are the first people I haveever spoken to that couldn't hear what was going on.
    I can only speak for myself here, but I have to say that you're getting me all wrong. I could, actually, hear what was going on and what I heard was crap. Korn sounded like sludge in the RDS. They sounded like a band being played over a radio station that wasn't tuned in properly. You must be a hardcore Korn fan if you could tell all their songs apart then? I could make out most of them as there are a few standout songs (Blind, Faget, Thoughtless) but the overall quality was pants.
    I'm just glad I won my tickets in a competition in the Daily Star and didn't actually pay for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Obzer

Slurms wrote:
    i heard system of a down were supporting but i reckoned it was bull**** cos system are too good to support Slipknot.

They supported them for their usa tour
    fear factory and in flames are supportin slipknot too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

why wouldn't Lamb of god and shadows fall be supporting them.
    They supported them on the american leg of the subliminal verse tour.
    And all three bands are playing the Download festival the same weekend!!!!

!!!!Interesting!!!!

Advertisement