Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineer recommendations

Options
  • 09-03-2005 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Just wondering does anyone have any recommendations on good engineers to design a house in the Kildare area?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

zara wrote:
    Just wondering does anyone have any recommendations on good engineers to design a house in the Kildare area?

Zara
    Make sure you check have they 10 years self employed experience if u are going with First Active

also check out

http://www.thebuildingsite.net/

Also

http://www.irishbuildingindustry.ie/search.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

An engineer may not be the best person to design a house. An architect or an architectural technician may be more suitable. You could try this crowd - Liffey Architects 01-8089154. They work outside of Dublin aswell and they are very reasonable. Worth ringing for a quote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 zara

Thanks guys. Checked out websites very helpful. Phoned liffey arch. seem very reasonable, just wondering did you use them or do you know anyone that did and were they any good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

I didn't get work done by them but my sister-in-law did. She got a massive two storey extension put on to her house. She recently put it up for sale and all the estate agents who came to value the house were very impressed with the extension. They said there was great utilisation of the space. She also used them to deal with the builder and she said this helped the build go really smoothly and she feels she got a good price from the builder as he was dealing with an architect and not someone who didn't know what was going on!! My sister-in-law used them because they had already built her husband's mothers house in Clare.

Advertisement