Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Michaels Vs Angle

• 09-03-2005 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

I dont like starting new threads for the sake of it, but this match deserves a thread of its own IMO. Anyways..........

This match has the possibility of stealing the show at WM21. Here we have two of the best in the business going head to head, a mact which could only happen first at WRESTLEMANIA.

Both these guys have consistently delivered great matches thoughout the years, carried everyone there has been to be carried, and been in some of the all time great matches.

How do people see this one going? How long will it be given? And who will win it?

For me, I reckon we will see this a little after the halfway point of the PPV and given at least 25 minutes. It will be to and fro, we will see some major spots and some great wrestling. I think Kurt will pick up the victory here. It will be as close as close can be. I can see Shawn tuning up the band, going for SCM, Kurt catching him, putting him into the ankle lock to get the win.

Ill be in marks heaven for this one.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Months ago when we gave our views on our dream matches for WM21,I put this one down.I can't wait to see it.How will it go?I don't really mind either way.I think Kurt should win since Benoit was allowed make Michaels tap out at Backlash.Kurt has always been equal to Benoit if not better so I think Michaels should put Kurt over and tap out especially since if Kurt loses it will be three losses in a row.I'm sure it will go for a half an hour at least and I think it could be near the end of the night.I think this will happen:

As you say,Michaels will go for Sweet Chin Music,Angle will catch him and put him in the Ankle lock but Michaels will get to the ropes,then he will hit the diving elbow and will hit sweet chin music but Kurt will kick out!Kurt always kicks out at WM.He kicked out of Kane's chokeslam at WM18,the F5 at WM19 and the frog splash at WM20.I'm certain he will kick out of the super kick.I think he'll manage to lock in the ankle lock again though and I think Michaels will tap.I hope so anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

i think this will be the match that will steal the show.you got the legendary shawn michaels versus the olympic gold medallist and former wwe champ.both these men have nearly won every title there.

i can see kurt winning legitimately.again you say he will win with the ankle lock.if he is to win he will win it the way it was mentioned in the last two posts or either michaels will go for scm,angle ducks and gives michaels the olympic slam (then the ankle lock maybe) for the pin.

you can see a pattern emerging here.last year and this year they have cross brand matches.one heel and one face from each show.last year the faces on both shows won,now it looks like its the heels turn this year.

however,i'm only going by what looks apparent and am no expert in all this butt i just see the pattern.its also the same with no way out.last year goldberg was at no way out and this year batista was at no way out and made in an impact in similar fashion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

I dont like to give matches too much hype cause you'll never know what is going to happen like lesnar and golberg last year. I not saying it will end up this way but dont get too excited.

anyway my prediction:
    I have to believe Angle will win with an angle lock after probably one of the best matches at this years Wrestle Mania.
    But their is a chance Micheals could win and i would be happy about that cause it wouldnt make it any less of a great match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

I can see it running past WM into a rematch at Backlash, so maybe Kurt winning at mania, then HBK winning the rematch, with possibly Garrison Cade getting involved if his rumoured push goes ahead.

Interested to hear Angle say what he's going to do for the weeks leading up to WM ( Won't spoil it )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 BensonandHedges

The show stopper and angle has the potential to be fantastic as long as micheals isnt feeling his usual lazy self and actually contribute to the match and as regards of angle he is just great he wasted much of last year being the gm his promos are of the hook (as the tazmaniac would say) but not to be completely unfair hbk can still do although he is starting to realise he aint 25 or 26 anymore.... i hope the match will be of the chain but i have reservations down to angles injury and hbk will cock up like he did at the last payper view against edge....BUt if i was going to call it i would say angle win but only after hbk hits the sweet chin music angle reverses with angle ock andthats all she wrote and i hope benoit gets a big push....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

and unfortunately this match is years too late for my liking.

you have HBK who by his own words is battered, old and bruised - but that doesnt stop him bringing his A game to the ring - when he wants to

And then you have Angle, whose neck is so screwed beyond belief, its suprising that McMahon hasnt bought his contract out - as one more serious injury and Angle career is over, done and dusted.

I am hoping that both men bring their A game to the ring, I just hope it doesnt become an embaressing spectacle of two old men going downhill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The show stopper and angle has the potential to be fantastic as long as micheals isnt feeling his usual lazy self and actually contribute to the match

Michaels lazy? What are you on about? Michaels has consistently carried opponents for years, putting over new talent, and made average wrestlers look strong. Look at his feud with HHH, look at the work HBK brought to that. Look at him putting over Orton, look ho he will put over Cade in a few months.

HBK is not lazy. No way no how.
    and as regards of angle he is just great he wasted much of last year being the gm his promos are of the hook (as the tazmaniac would say)

He was injured. Agreed he was a piss poor GM.
    Ph3n0m wrote:
    I am hoping that both men bring their A game to the ring, I just hope it doesnt become an embaressing spectacle of two old men going downhill

In fairness now, you know they will. Shawn, is afterall, MR WRESTLEMANIA, and Kurt doesnt know how to put on a bad match. Both these guys are still by far and away better performers than the vast majority of everyone on either roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭jesusjones

Its going to be a great match i Just think if this match is overhyped then people will be dissapointed in it anyway no matter how good the match is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

Iv always said id love to see hbk on smackdown just due to the potential of some of the matches he could have against new opponents i.e.
    Hbk vs angle (man did my eyes light up when shawn clocked angle outta
    the rumble with SCM, my exact words were
    MMMMMMMMMGHBHBHBH mania match......)

hbk vs guerrero
    hbk vs mysterio
    hbk vs cena
    ya could probably maybe even mix him up with some of the cruiserweights, he could take london under his wing, resulting in the inevitable master vs student clash.

sorry im drooling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Please dont let let it end in a Dq....please dont let it end in a Dq.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement