Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New BF2 Video

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

A lot of ingame footage in this.

I think i wet myself a couple of times over watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

636MB !?
    heiscrazy8uh.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Its from the German Lan party and has a guy from EA explaining the game in detail. Well worth a download.

Fairy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

It better be worth it, or its your thumbs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

kinkstr wrote:
    It better be worth it, or its your thumbs :D

I heard its crap. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

They should have put it on Bittorrent it would speed up the damn thing! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

actually that vid could have been summerized in 30-50meg video

they explain how some new things work, "the flying bodies" bug is still present, and they continue saying "we are going to fix it"

and there is no blood in the game :(
    for such a big game, it should have an option to turn blood on/off like in COD

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Thats EA fault. None of there games have blood AFAIK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 bimmu

I don't think I'll be buying BF2. I still play BF:V and BF 1942 quite a bit...not to mention, I'm a little pissed off at the leack fo support BF:V got. No expansion packs, very few updates to fix some of the maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

bimmu wrote:
    I'm a little pissed off at the leack fo support BF:V got. No expansion packs, very few updates to fix some of the maps.

Thats because in reality BFV is just a beefed up expansion pack for BF1942. Once BF2 is released you will probably still see BF42 servers, but BFV servers will probably be harder to come across.

Re: Blood. There were several unofficial blood patches for BF42. In reality this add's nothing to the game. Usually you dont have time to admire a splatter of blood against the wall anyway so I dont see why it would bother anyone. Tbh, blood splatter would have been one of the last things on my 'todo' list for BF2. Also remember, if you have blood splatter you can probably add on an extra age group onto the game because of its 'gore' value.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 bimmu

Winters wrote:
    Thats because in reality BFV is just a beefed up expansion pack for BF1942. Once BF2 is released you will probably still see BF42 servers, but BFV servers will probably be harder to come across.

Yeah, I've heard people complaining and saying that EA treated BF:V as just a beta test for BF2, but it still cost me $50 for it. As a student, $50 is a lot of money for me.

It already is a little harder to find good BF:V servers. Tom Clancy Servers has already abandoned BF:V, which sucks cause they had one of the few 64 player servers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

bimmu wrote:
    I don't think I'll be buying BF2. I still play BF:V and BF 1942 quite a bit...not to mention, I'm a little pissed off at the leack fo support BF:V got. No expansion packs, very few updates to fix some of the maps.

BFV is just an update to BF42.....best mod around is PoE ot Operation Peacekeeper!!! two class mods withh different types of game play!!! as regards servers there is hundred when I do a search in ASE....also come join the NRG server if you want a game.....IP in Sticky!!!!

Not buying BF2?????? are you mental!! I will be taking 3-4 days off work when it is released!!!! already shaking with the excitement of getting it.....lol.....

Downloaded the vid.....nothing really in it that special....sure the f**king dopes cudnt even put on the right video when he asked.....or even shoot the man when he asked!!! FFS if it was me I wud be going around whopping him in a chopper!!! who cares wat EA guy says........lol

Advertisement