Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for the name of an anime movie

Options
  • 09-03-2005 1:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

me memory of this movie is highly sketchy, coz i was only about 9 when i saw it

im not even sure if its a kids movie or what, but anyway what i can remember is that theres this bird (she might have 3 eyes, or a tiara kinda thing) and a group of people and its set in post apocolyptic (i think) japan

anyway theres all these massive slug kinda things but theyve got loads of eyes (the eyes are red i think) and theyre goin around killing people and destroying the place in general, but yer woman figures out she can communicate with them or something and can turn them into good giant slug things (when their eyes go blue i think)

really really really feckin bad description coz it was 12 or 13 years ago at this stage and i only say it once, but i remember loving it and wouldnt mind hunting it down

cheers

doubt anyones gonna be able to id it tho all the same

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.

description & cast details, amazon link, currently unavailable in Region 2 unfortunately (to the best of my knowledge).
    One of my favourite films of all time :) In fact, funnily enough one of the tracks from the Sound Track has just started randomly playing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭zafa

my god youre an absolute legend!!

gonna have to get myself this coz i remember it being absolutely brilliant, and it has always stuck with me as something i wanted to see again

zafa wrote:
    my god youre an absolute legend!!

gonna have to get myself this coz i remember it being absolutely brilliant, and it has always stuck with me as something i wanted to see again
    Heh, no prob :)
    You won't be disappointed, it really is an absolute classic; at least as good as you remember it! It's one of those films that just never seems to age or lose it's appeal.

i posted absolutely everything i could remember about it in me first post, so itll be like watching it for the first time again hopefully

gonna order it tomorrow, credit card is almost maxed out but i dont care, i have to get it before i forget about it again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I've got the manga, truely beautiful piece of work. Been holding out for a DVD release for too long (Disney only released it on Region 1 two weeks ago, after being pushed back by about a year) but I'd expect a Region 2 release soon enough.

• Advertisement

just ordered the double dvd region 1 off amazon.co.uk for €23 including postage and package

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Couldn't wait till tommorrow, eh? :)

haha no

i know well id forget about it and itd be another 9 years before i found out the name of it again, so i decided it best to act while its fresh in my mind. and sure whats twenty odd quid to buy the best movie i saw throughout my childhood anyway

Hehe, impulse buying has never been so impulsive until the Internet!

€23 and a bargain at it!

Advertisement