Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telecommunications Help!!!!

• 09-03-2005 3:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi there. One of our subjects is Telecomms. Basically our lecturer is usless. He gives us a very vague idea of what to study. He trawls through the subject without giving us even 1 tutorial. All he says is study what I give you and that seems to be alot. After this year we finish with it so I guess its just the basics.

I like some advice on what areas to study and how to go about it ect., from any telecomms students out there. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

Do a google.
    What specific area of telecoms is your course dealing with? - remember the lecturer sets your exam.

- networks, equipment, protocols ???

causal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

Really id look at what the lecturer is giving you. He is going to set the exam based on what he lectures you on. If he doesnt help narrow the course to study then theres not much else to do than study it all. Do his past exam papers. In my experience i cut about 30%, of what was on the course, out and focused on the rest. Didnt care much A's at the time. Focus on stuff you find a little easier.
    Outside of that look at a chap named 'Schaum'. I used one of his books a bit back. Very detailed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Look at the last few years exam papers and ask the lecturer direct questions as what should i study till you get an answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

1st year telecomms in ucc ? If so what argonite said. One of the most predictable exams ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭2tel1

Yeah he's started to get his act together (well a bit) with a few tutorials. It wont be that hard. Its actually quite interesting... :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement