Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last nights tournie

Options
  • 09-03-2005 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭

Eventually got to play in my first boards tournie last night.
    No idea how but waxed 2nd place (congrats vamos :( ) but the last 3 minutes have kept playing over and over in my head afterwards.
    Had about 2k to 22k in chips at one stage, went all in 5 times in a row and won the 5, pre flop now 6k to 18k in chips.
    Next hand I was BB, blinds 300/600, raised by vamos to 1200, I'm holding A,A!
    Instead of doing the usual "all-in" I end up CALLING, trying to get some chips.
    Flop comes 2,4,7 and vamos bets all-in which I call.
    He turns over 4,8 against my A's, happy days.....not,
    turn is an 8 and river is a Q!
    Would have made no difference to the result but somebody please tell me why I didn't go all in pre flop?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭bmc

okidoki987 wrote:
    Eventually got to play in my first boards tournie last night.
    No idea how but waxed 2nd place (congrats vamos :( ) but the last 3 minutes have kept playing over and over in my head afterwards.
    Had about 2k to 22k in chips at one stage, went all in 5 times in a row and won the 5, pre flop now 6k to 18k in chips.
    Next hand I was BB, blinds 300/600, raised by vamos to 1200, I'm holding A,A!
    Instead of doing the usual "all-in" I end up CALLING, trying to get some chips.
    Flop comes 2,4,7 and vamos bets all-in which I call.
    He turns over 4,8 against my A's, happy days.....not,
    turn is an 8 and river is a Q!
    Would have made no difference to the result but somebody please tell me why I didn't go all in pre flop?

Because you wanted more than the blinds?

Am I right? Do I win a prize?

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭Vamos

If you had reraised me all-in pre-flop, I would have definitely folded. Since you called the raise I put you on two high cards. When the flop came all low I figured you'd none of it and wanted to take down the pot there and then.
    When I seen your two high cards were aces, 'Oh shyte' came to mind.

I slowed played Aces earlier on myself and lost to Briano when he was holding the HAMMERS cheap imitation(72s) so it was nice to crack aces on the last hand.

I think just calling was right, you would win 4/5 times and I would have doubled you up every time on the same flop without the 8 on the turn, and we'd be even in chips at that stage. Aces heads up and some guy betting into you is the best situation you can be in, you just got unlucky. Good finish for you first outing though, fair play.

Advertisement