Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hedgehog's got a gun

Options
  • 09-03-2005 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭

I was looking at ign.com when i noticed there is a new sonic the hedgehog title being released and also that it isnt staring sonic but the other cooler hedgehog, Shadow and what's even more supising is that he has got a gun.

I'm not a fan of the new sonic games but this makes me ask a question:

what ever happened to blue hedgehog that just had to jump on an enemy to defeat them?

Link to site: Shadow the hedgehog, video at bottom of page (8MB's)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Sonic has been going down the toilet since the series reached it's pinacle with the Mega CD version and it looks like Sega's about to pull the chain.

I'd love if Sega had the balls to kill him off - have him actually die at the end of the next Sonic game, thus ending the series. Something like that's never been done before.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,398 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sonic just doesn't work well in 3D. It looks like Sega are trying to make sonic more like jak and dexter and ratchet and clank, bith superior games.
    Sonic has been going down the toilet since the series reached it's pinacle with the Mega CD version and it looks like Sega's about to pull the chain.

I think the Mega CD game is the lowest point of the 2D sonic platform games. Didn't like it at all and thought the levels had no character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Stalfos wrote:
    I was looking at ign.com when i noticed there is a new sonic the hedgehog title being released and also that it isnt staring sonic but the other cooler hedgehog, Shadow and what's even more supising is that he has got a gun.

I'm not a fan of the new sonic games but this makes me ask a question:

what ever happened to blue hedgehog that just had to jump on an enemy to defeat them?

Link to site: Shadow the hedgehog, video at bottom of page (8MB's)

The only way to save the sonic franchise is to go back to it's 2D roots and to use the power of modern consoles to make the kind of stages we could only dream about in the days of the megadrive.

every 3D sonic game has been a travesty, you think they'd have learned by now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

It does look kind of dodgy, but you can't really tell from that clip.
    I couldn't help but laugh at the "haunted by his past" bit... seems very far from the Sonic style games of old

flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

the gun looks crap in the clip...and i couldnt help but think...Chaotix. the last sonic game (well big one) to go without sonic as the main character was a desperate game at most.

also with the emphasis in the last sonic game on teamwork i find it strange that they would go for the loner sort of game. so i'm expecting to find other characters being implemented later on in the ga,e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I think the Mega CD game is the lowest point of the 2D sonic platform games. Didn't like it at all and thought the levels had no character.

KUDOS!!!

That's one of the ballsiest things I've ever read on the internet;)

On any other forum your post would have been shot down in flames so hot your screen would melt!

But I kinda agree with you, I think Sonic games in general are very shallow, but I can appreciate why SonicCD is so loved, it was quite original.

Frankly the lowpoint for me in the Sonic franchise was when they started to add those random charachters, Tails, Knuckles etc...

The sound of barrels being scraped, even then, was deafening.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,398 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I just found Sonic CD dull. Can't see why it is so well loved. Sonic 2 and Sonic and Knuckles are far superior games.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

brief warning: Huge Sonic fan.

Sonic 3 and knuckles is the perfection of the sonic games.

never understood why the advance games never copied its level design which was perfect.

Advertisement