Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too Much Money

Options
  • 09-03-2005 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭

Right, here's the plan. You are handed a blank cheque, and told you can use it to purchase one (1) firearm and appropriate ammo with it. You will never be allowed sell it, so you have to purchase with a view to use, not investment. It has to be something you have some prospect of getting a licence for currently in Ireland - so no Vulcan 20mms.

What do you get?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

As a hunter...

Tikka T3 Tactical :D

What about you Civdef?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

If I didn't already have one, an Anschutz 2013/690 with a selected barrel and a G&E milled aluminium stock and 50,000 rounds of batch-tested RWS R50 ammo. Since I do ('cept for the stock and ammo!), probably a 300m ISSF rifle and a lot of batch-tested ammo. A 6mmBR I would think, probably a bleiker in a system gemini FR703 stock:
    fr703.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

civdef wrote:
    Right, here's the plan. You are handed a blank cheque, and told you can use it to purchase one (1) firearm and appropriate ammo with it. You will never be allowed sell it, so you have to purchase with a view to use, not investment. It has to be something you have some prospect of getting a licence for currently in Ireland - so no Vulcan 20mms.

What do you get?

blast no vulcan cannons...pity :D

well i always liked these

http://www.hkpro.com/uspc.htm

the usp compact. i am not too sure if you could get one but i would like one..so i hope that is within the rules here civ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

terrier that tikka gun is nice is it in ireland yet??

for me i would probaly go for a perazzi game shotgun custom made with the gold engravings.

E@gle. wrote:
    terrier that tikka gun is nice is it in ireland yet??

The T3 is available here in many forms, although here is the issue.. on receiving the T3 catalogue from my local dealer the back page differs, i.e. no Tactical version. The catalogue that I picked up in the UK does however show it...

My dealer is looking into for me in .223... will let you know..

• Advertisement

what sort of price range are the tikka in

E@gle. wrote:
    what sort of price range are the tikka in
    €900 - €1200 ish :o

I'd say this version might top that though...
    Mate shoots a T3 6.5 x 55 which is one of the most accurate and consistent I've seen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Call me old fashioned but id buy a historical gun.

Yeah, but the rules said you have to purchase for use, not investment, LW...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Oh, I would use it , If I had a no4 I would hunt deer with it.

Modern - Sako TRG perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Weeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllll................................................

How about I buy Accuracy International back out of receivership (see this thread), get them to build me an L115A1 in .338 Lapua Magnum (Signature Edition- my signature engraved on the receiver, production run = 1), and then close the company back down again?
    :D:D:D

Oh, and a tonne or so of ammo too!

i think u missed the point there rovi u need to be able to get a license for it here in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

E@gle. wrote:
    for me i would probaly go for a perazzi game shotgun custom made with the gold engravings.

Right behind ya on that one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

E@gle. wrote:
    i think u missed the point there rovi u need to be able to get a license for it here in ireland.
    I know of at least 1 .338 Lap Mag being fired at the Midland range, I assume it's licensed :D
    If someone else got one licensed, I'd like to think I could too.

I'd hate to see the deer after a .338 Lap Mag got through with it!
    Actually, would there be much deer left to see? :) (Last time I was in Bisley I had one of the fullbore shooters bending my ear with the varied tall tales about that chambering, I'm curious as to how much salt I should have been taking with his descriptions :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

I have a friend who has an AI in 308, nice to shoot but too heavy to go deer hunting, it fells like it weighs 20 pounds empty

gouda wrote:
    Depends on whether the deer is killed by the shot or not.
    Smartarse ;):D
    Seriously though, I'm (somewhat morbidly) curious. Assuming a .338 Lap Mag with a ballistic tip round and a solid impact with full energy transfer, how much damage is it going to do to your average sized sika buck?

homerhop wrote:
    Right behind ya on that one

i'd say the price of it would be otrageous.
    I'd hate to see the deer after a .338 Lap Mag got through with it!

i read in a magazine recently that the .270 is largely overpowered for uk and irish deer so .338 would be deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭oldzed

the .338 ammo averages around 240£ sterling a hundred , with the muzzle break on it ( a trg 42 ) it doesnt kick much worse than a .270 (ish) , you can see the strike at 600 yards before it recoils . for comparison it takes 90 grains of powder avg vs around 44 for a 6.5 and uses 240 grain heads vs 140 grain for the 6.5. and yes it is licensed

this thread is going way off topic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

Id have to go for the good old deuterium and tritium mix coupled with a fission device of uranium-235. Great for deer hunting but recoil is abit much

My Hunting Photos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

Could I go for a A-10?

Sure the Warthog is practically a gun with wings:P

I'd reckon I'd have a lot more fun with that than a Glock... I'd definitely hit more deer!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Read the first post before replying. Any more off-topic nonsensical posts will be removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Irishglockfan

Sauer& Sohn custom DRILLING.
    Double barrell SXS 12 ga shotgun with an centre underslung rifle barrel in any custom calibre you want.Traditionally a 9.3X74R.All one gun :D
    Capable of taking anything from sparrows to elephants.As they are costly enough you have an investment and useable working gun as well.

Advertisement