Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reprogram Eircom Phonewatch alarm?

• 09-03-2005 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi,

I'm about to move into a house that has Eircom Phonewatch installed and I was wondering if it's possible to reprogram this system. This way it can text me and my family rather than calling the cops etc.

A friend of mine said he's heard of it being done. He also said you can cancel your subscription and have it function as a "normal" alarm too.

Is this all true? If so, does any know how to reprogram the alarm?
    If it's false, I'm gonna kick my friend's ass! ;)

Thanks,
    H.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

It does work as a normal alarm anyway, the subscription you pay is just so there's someone monitoring it at eircom's end when it goes off.

I was thinking about reprogamming mine but then decided it wasn't worth it and tore it off the wall.
    You'd have to find out all the engineer's codes and all that. Bah.
    I can still remember the forlorn robotic voice of the control box from my bin at night;

"warning. tamper control failure at 17:14......."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭The Security ma

those panels cannot be reprogrammed - it has to be done by phonewatch.
    They had the monopoly there too...
    But its now come to an end :)

Rip it off the wall like the other guy...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DangerMousse

What alternative system can you get that you CAN reprograme to your own numbers?

ANY, if you fit yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 homercles

Thanks for the help, I think I may stick with it for the moment! :)

Another question I have is how do I reset the code on a phonewatch alarm, surely I should be able to do this?? If only the previous owener had left a manual... :rolleyes: :confused:

• Advertisement

it depends on what type of system it is...
    They have several different products! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 43 homercles

Securewatch

I forgot to get the exact version but if anyone can help it I'd appreciate it!

You need to get into engineer mode first, so find an old bill from them (your account number 'might' be your code... :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 jamesbond

hi,
    depending on the age of your system and make of the panel it is possible,if its a securewatch and installed in the last year you can install a text dialer:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

jamesbond wrote:
    hi,
    depending on the age of your system and make of the panel it is possible,if its a securewatch and installed in the last year you can install a text dialer:)
    About a year and a half to late my friend:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 harddworker

homercles wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm about to move into a house that has Eircom Phonewatch installed and I was wondering if it's possible to reprogram this system. This way it can text me and my family rather than calling the cops etc.

A friend of mine said he's heard of it being done. He also said you can cancel your subscription and have it function as a "normal" alarm too.

Is this all true? If so, does any know how to reprogram the alarm?
    If it's false, I'm gonna kick my friend's ass! ;)

Thanks,
    H.
    http://www.orvos.ee/manuals/GsmAlarm_220_v302_en.pdf that

may help

Advertisement