Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHP Webform

Options
  • 09-03-2005 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭

Hi all,

I want to create a webform that emails me back the contents of a questionnaire. I found a PHP webform script HERE however as I'm new to all this, I can't quite get my head round all of it (especially some of these variables) , can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Check out php.net for info on php. The manual there is the php programmers bible tbh.

A lot of the scrips on the net, such as the one you posts have a lot more little extra's and thgins that you would probably never use. As I mentioned php.net can give a lot of help in making a simple script which would fill your needs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭jm2k

Winters wrote:
    Check out php.net for info on php. The manual there is the php programmers bible tbh.

A lot of the scrips on the net, such as the one you posts have a lot more little extra's and thgins that you would probably never use. As I mentioned php.net can give a lot of help in making a simple script which would fill your needs.

Thanks for that Winters

First problem is that my host doesn't seem to have php configured correctly. I know they do support php but when I do the simple Hello World example and upload it onto their server, all I get is a blank page. Has anyone got any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Show us the source and we'll see. Are you sure you uploaded it correctly? Make sure it's text-mode transfer and not binary if you're FTP'ing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If your host is a "real" host then I doubt if their FTP config is incorrect.
    Your code might be :D

The problem was with the host, after looking on the net I found a php host which ran the Hello World script fine.

I've used the the script I found here and it runs, however I haven't recevied any of my tests to the email address I've setup :confused:

EDIT: Just got it working!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Perhaps there is no Mail Server specified in the PHP.INI file for the host. Most scripts will allow you to specify a SMTP server.

Edit: Just saw your edit now

Thanks for all the advice, if anyone has a few minutes to spare they could see if they can complete any of the word fragments here

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Wrong referrer (referring site). For security reasons the form can only be used, if the referring page is part of this website.

Note for the Admin: Please add the name of your server to the referrer variable in the index.php configuration file: www.boards.ie
    Ewww...
    Not much use if you've written something that you want to be able to link to :)

Advertisement