Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Alerts

Options
  • 09-03-2005 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

For work purposes, I need to check my e-mails very regularly. To resolve the problem of checking my mailbox too late, I would like to receive alerts on my mobile phone each time I receive an e-mail.

Is anyone aware of any Irish mobile phone operators offering this service? Are there charges etc?

On the Hotmail US website, it is possible to receive mobile alerts by choosing from the list of mobile phone networks on the page. Not sure if this is a free service, probably not, but maybe one of you has already used it ... anyhow, let me know ...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭esperanza

Just did some research and found this:

Yahoo Alerts

Check this site out! Allows you to receive e-mails on your mobile phone for a small charge! Very handy indeed!

Yahoo UK and Ireland works with Orange, O2 and Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

It is only for Vodafone UK and O2 UK.

Right, thanks John R. You don't know of an Irish service, do you? TIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

even though it aint availble in ROI how much is it in the UK (figures)

i think it's 11p per message but check out the link.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 DaveK

If you are a Vodafone subscriber, you can set up a Vodafone Mail account (yourname@vodafone.ie), and you will be sent a free text message every time that you receive an e-mail.

Advertisement