Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music's influence on you.

Options
  • 09-03-2005 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

I have a broad range of genre in my cd case.
    I listen to different genre's depending on my mood. But sometimes I listen to a particular genre because I know it will change my mood.

How does music influence you? 40 votes

My music reflects my attitude/mood
    0% 0 votes
    My music affects my attitude/mood
    47% 19 votes
    I just like it, OK!
    25% 10 votes
    other
    27% 11 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Mohanned

Kurt Cobain
    Freddy Mercury
    Led Zeppeline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I could have said 2 choices in that poll, In some ways it reflects and it effects me too.
    Music can trigger emotions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Other, it affects and reflects my mood,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

It really depends. Sometimes I am depressed and want to listen to something angsty and depressing. Sometimes I am feeling low and want to listen to happy music to bring me out of my mood. Othee times I listen to a song because I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I'd say a bit of both.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I wouldn't say that I have the broadest collection of CDs but I listen to music simply because the music I like makes me happy and puts me in a good mood. Thats the beauty of music. No matter what if its indie, rock, metal, dance, rap, r'n'b, pop, classical, jungle you like, as long as the music gets your juices flowing then f**king brilliant!

What would we do without music?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭the_obsolete

The world would be a very boring place!

I dunno, music can sometimes affect my mood, but other times I'm not phased by it at all. When it does I'm very careful to select the songs...went around listenin' to Panteran one day n got into such a nasty funkin' mood

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I'll have to go for both. It affects my mood but can also reflect on it. As Zane said there, it can range from Black and Death Metal to feckin Enya or something. As long as you like it and it affects you in a good way then it is brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭mo_thoin

Depends on how you feel!! Like if depressed :( you'd listen to a depressin song!!! If you're happy :) you'll listen to a song that makes you smile
    If your angry :mad: you'll listen to a song that gets you scyked up!!!(can't spell!) Everyone has sad,angry or happy songs in thier collection that they listen to when they're in the mood!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

Music reflects my attitude, my attitude/mood reflects my music. WHen im angry, i can put music on that makes me happy or music that calms me down. Hammerfall and Blind Guardian and AC/DC always cheer me up. WHen i want to stay angry, Slayer or Cannibal Corpse. Just examples.

Music is my life and i hope my life will be music! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭ether

It affects my mood, certain songs trigger emotions and memories. I find metal helps me unwind, but sometimes blues or just rock n' roll to chill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Opeth
    Pantera
    Marilyn Manson
    Alice in Chains
    Stone Sour
    etc etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

"Yes, now for a last question
    Does emotional music have quite an effect on you? "..................

Depends on mood

Advertisement