Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor MMS on my V525

Options
  • 09-03-2005 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

Just switched to a Motorola v525 that used to be on Vodafone but is not unlocked. Everything is going well (I can ignore the Vodafone branding everywhere :D ) but I can't get MMS messages working on it. Obviously it didn't come pre-setup but I've downloaded and installed the settings a number of times from the Meteor website. Tried ringing them yesterday and the operator said she'd send the settings to my phone (which I assume is the exact same as me doing it on their website, I never actually got them). Have had a look through the settings but haven't really found anything usefull. Motorola menus aren't the most intuitive. The only setting of interest was in the Message Setup where I turned on "Use GPRS".

Anyone know of anything that might help? I was sending MMS messages without any problem on my old phone.

Comments

Meteor's V525 settings are actually wrong! lol. The port is incorrect. Go to Vodafone live > Web Sessions and create a new entry with these details:

Name: Meteor MMS (or anything you like)
    Homepage: http://mms.mymeteor.ie
    Gateway IP 1: 10.85.85.85
    Port: 9201
    GPRS APN: mms.mymeteor.ie
    Username: my
    Password: wap

Save this. Now go to Messages > (Menu key) > Message Setup > MMS Message Setup. Select Server Info, press the menu key and choose New. Enter the following:

Service Name: Meteor MMS
    Server Name http://mms.mymeteor.ie
    Web Session: (select it and choose the Web session you created above)

Now press Done and select the new server.

You should be ready to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

Thanks Karsini. That did the job perfectly

Advertisement