Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower Repair

Options
  • 09-03-2005 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭

I have a crack in a fiberglass shower tray in an ensuite bedroom. Does anyone know if you can get repair kits for these. It will cost a lot to get a new tray put in so I'd prefer to go for a cheap option for now and just change the tray next year when I plan to redo the whole ensuite. Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi FX,

As to a "Fix" I'm not sure, the repair and I mean any repair will be governed by the "Why".

Showers should not normally break, however as yours has I expect your insurance company will cover the replacement cost.

I would recommend that you read the terms and conditions of your policy first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Well the house is 13 years old and and the shower is the same age and I just noticed it has a 2 inch crack in it. It will cost quite a bit to replace the tray as the tiles and everything would have to be removed. I'm not sure if the insurance would cover it but I'll look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭tapest

FX Meister wrote:
    I have a crack in a fiberglass shower tray in an ensuite bedroom. Does anyone know if you can get repair kits for these. It will cost a lot to get a new tray put in so I'd prefer to go for a cheap option for now and just change the tray next year when I plan to redo the whole ensuite. Any help would be much appreciated.

Did a temporary fix for the sister a couple of years ago. Used a two part general adhesive by Triobal. It comes in a double syringe and mixes when you inject. Shoved iot into crack and put a nice big blob over near area. She's still using it....
    hope this helps
    t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

cheers, I'll give that a shot for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭boroughmal

You can go to any motor spares shop & purchase a repair kit for fibreglass. If it is not that deep a crack you can use gellcoat repair which comes in a tin & can be sanded to shape. Its also waterproof. I use it to repair stone chips on the bottom of my boat and it hasnt sunk yet yet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement